My two daughters and I stayed at the hotel on the night of March 22, 2013 and stayed in room 214. It was probably the worst hotel stay I have ever had. The woman who checked us in was very pleasant. We entered the room to find that the temperature wasn’t over about 55 degrees. We had difficulty getting the heater running and when we called the front desk, the person who responded was obviously put out at our request for help, spoke down to us and was not helpful. We finally got the heater running and it ran for a solid three hours just to get the temperature up to 67 degrees. This is not acceptable and all of us ended up with stuffy heads for the experience. I understand trying to save money, but the heaters should never be turned off completely and it shouldn’t take hours to get the rooms to a tolerable temperature. The beds were so hard, lying on the sidewalk would have been as soft. None of us got much sleep due to the hardness of the beds and I was barely able to move in the morning; from being so cold and stiff from the room and bed. My daughter found cigarette butts under the bed, so obviously, the room wasn’t properly cleaned after the prior guests. We were not able to take showers in the morning because the water that poured into the tub was brown and smelled. Fortunately, the sink water appeared clean. After the horrible night we had, we were afraid to try the breakfast offered, so I don’t know how it was. At checkout, the person at the front desk did not ask how our stay was and was occupied with complaining about the slowness of the computer rather than practicing customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Black Bear has 101 rooms and offers a complimentary Full, Hot breakfast every morning. The friendly, helpful staff at the Days Inn is ready to ensure an enjoyable stay for guests traveling on both business and pleasure. Located near Interstate 5 in Salem, Oregon the hotel offers all of the amenities to make a guest feel right at home. Our property has a Indoor heated pool and sps, exercise facility and two saunas. A tennis court and playground are also on site. Free over-sized vehicle parking and guest laundry facilities are also available for your convenience. All of the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators as well as irons and ironing boards and hair dryers. All have access to premium cable channels including HBO and free wifi. Pets are welcome for a $11 a day pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Days Inn Black Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Salem Hotel Salem
- Best Western Salem
- Salem Best Western
- Days Inn Black Bear Salem, Oregon