“not clean & rude”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Roseburg
“not clean & rude”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My co-worker and I were booked here due to its location to a conference we were attending. The check-in clerk was very rude. I had to return to the front desk area several times to get the free wi-fi hooked up. She was very put out my questions. The room was clean enough but the bathroom. . . there was mold in the shower. My co-worker and I will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
TULSI97301, General Manager at Days Inn Black Bear, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Dear Customer,
I am sorry for the inconvinence you had while you stayed at our property. To improve the quality of our customer service , if you can proivde me your last name and stay date I can talk to right employee and take care of the issue. I appreciate your time for writing a review which will help us to improve our customer service.
General manager
Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Found this hotel in a Best Western book, "Black Bear Inn" It is NOT a Best Western Nor is it best Western Quality.
Anyhow, on to my review, The first room has 1/8th of a roll of TP, so before we had all finished relieving ourselves I had to go ASK for another roll and was treated like I was inconveniencing her. THEN we went out to dinner (Red Lion's Willamette Grille-So Yum!!) Came back and had to Ask for towels to swim, understandable. The pool is AWESOME, Indoor, with a sectioned off part of the large 9ft deep pool for children that is only about 1.5ft at the deepest. Which was great. Went back to our room to shower and there is NO HOT WATER!! So I sent my husband to go ask about it, she annoyedly told us we had to switch rooms So I had to re-clothe my 3 small (under5) children and move rooms in 40 degree rainy weather. Just annoying we were up an extra 2 hours and frustrated. This new room also had no toilet paper (1/6 roll). and had parts breaking (the tissue thing in the bathroom, the remote for the cooler)
Anyhow, no word on the continental breakfast, we slept through it because the room swap. So I guess the plus is the beds were comfy and they had a 2 queen 1twin set-up so it was nice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room under the stairs Make sure you check if the hot water works soon as you get in...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MTKKKF

Travelers are raving about these Salem hotels

BC Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night on a road trip. Although right beside I5, no noise when door closed. Not fancy and furnishings dated but very comfortable bed. Slept in and missed the free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Reception lady was perturbed because we interrupted her personal phone call when we arrived to check in. Later contact with different lady had the same attitude. Also, the mattress was very very hard, making a good night's sleep impossible.
The room was very clean and everything else was great, but I won't return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed at the Days Inn Black Bear for a business meeting. Rooms were clean and close to the Meeting Building. Nightly room rental was very reasonable. Breakfast was great, good selection of sausage, boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, or toast and fruit. Meeting space was great for medium size group. And the location was convient to Salem Shopping and restaurants.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are there for a meeting, ask for a room at the south end of the property that is close to the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ray425
loomis ca
Reviewed October 6, 2011

For $59 a night, this hotel is tough to beat. It was clean. It had a mini frig, coffee maker, and microwave. The breakfast included had hot menu items in a large breakfast room. They even had a tennis court that we took advantage of.

Close to restaurants and the freeway, we were pleased with our choice and would stay again. The only negative? A fair amount of freeway noise. If you have the heater or AC on it would probably be fine, but we enjoy sleeping with the windows open. Ear plugs or heavy sleepers would make it all go away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Yakima, WA
Reviewed September 3, 2011

It was awful. First room the toilet did not work. The next room was a nice size but old. The floors all squeaked above us and beside us. You could hear all of the doors closing. It was one of the noisest buildings I have been in.
Staff was nice but since we had thought we were arriving at a Best Western it was a shock. I see it is now listed as "Formerly a Best Western."

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple