“Great place if your not thirsty.”
Review of Boon's Treasury

Boon's Treasury
Ranked #219 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Salem, Oregon
“Great place if your not thirsty.”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This place is somewhat typical of a McMennamin's pub in that it is funky. There is a fine line between funk and dirt here. I suspect the kitchen is clean in that I have never had bad food here. The bathroom is also clean. Ther service is slow and arrogant. I gladly go elsewhre for friendly service and good beer.

Oregon
“Not What It Use To Be & The Root Beer Is Gone!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Came here with some relatives so we could have a place to chat and have some decent food. I always look forward to going to ANY McMenamins because I love their home brewed root beer. Well...wouldn't ya know it they no longer have their home brewed root beer!! I was crushed!! I hope that the other McMenamins have NOT also canned the home brewed root beer. I settled for water.

We got here at about 7 PM and did not get our food until after 8 PM. Yup, over an HOUR wait. This was OK for us this time because we were happily catching up with our family, chatting away. I am wondering if the restaurant picked up on that we were not in any rush??

I ordered the roasted garlic burger. It was pretty good actually! Me being the garlic lover that I am, LOVED the big chunks of roasted garlic falling out of the burger. My fries were cold & burnt though, so I had to send them back to get new ones.

While we were there a band arrived and started to set up. Looked like they had a lot of different instruments. I would have liked to stay and listen to their music but after waiting over an hour for our food and hanging around yet another hour, I was ready for home. Maybe next time...

• Visited July 2011
Oregon
“Terrible Service!”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Our son wanted to take us out for Father's day. We decided on Boon's Treasury, because it's close to our house and you can sit outside. We waited ten minutes for someone to seat us, the waiter kept walking by us and another couple who had arrived at he same time.
He totally ignored all of us. They weren't busy, lots of open tables, but he never said "I will be with you in a minute, or go ahead and have a seat," nothing! We left, so did the other couple who were also waiting for a table. We won't go back!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank orgdisney
Salem, Oregon
“Great beer makes the bad...”
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Great beer makes the bad service almost worth it

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great spot for live music on the weekends. Another gem in the McMenemins' chain. Fun outdoor seating.”
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Boon's Treasury? Share your experiences!