“Why go anywhere else for Chinese?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chan's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #334 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Chinese
Salem, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Why go anywhere else for Chinese?”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Food is EXCELLENT (pepper-salted shrimp, mother's chicken, orange chicken, sizzling filet mignon are our favorites), food is hot and served super fast (we've timed them at having food on table within seven minutes of ordering), so we've learned not to order until all of our friends are there. Always welcomed with a smile and a "thank you" for my business.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank D K

Salem, Oregon, United States
“Great food, bad service”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have gone here for years. I have always loved the Hot and sour soup and Schezwan chicken, always fresh and not drenched in oil. Best quality food wise. The problem is that the owner lady who is always there has gotten grumpy through the years and has no customer service left in her. The only other person who serves with her anymore is the busser guy and he does not even ask if your done with a plate (which I was not) before he tries to take it. It's upsetting to me that I am finding myself not wanting to go to my favorite Chinese restaurant because of lack of service.
The "very good" rating I gave is only for the food!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Casey B
Dallas, Oregon
“Consistently Great Food!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Try their Salt/Pepper Shrimp or their Pot Stickers for a real treat! We eat lunch here as often as we can, for $5.95 you can choose one of a great selection of lunch options.

The service is FAST and they are a bit New York City personality style, but we keep coming back!

• Visited November 2011
Salem, Oregon
“Good peas and carrots Chinese food”
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Good peas and carrots chinese food