“like being in Hà Nội”

Kim Huong Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 542 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Delicious and cheap, just like the Old Quarter. We split the Bun Cha Ha Noi...brought me back to my recent trip to Vietnam. The pork was charred to perfection, with fresh and pungent herbs and delicate sauce. The pho was subtle and flavorful with ample condiments. I do wish the beef were more rare, but it was still delicious, and only $6 I think. Adding to the experience, a well-stocked Asian market is next door. It even sells all you need to make a Vietnamese coffee for when you get home.

1  Thank secretmap
There are newer reviews for Kim Huong Restaurant

Reviewed July 25, 2012

After thoroughly enjoying a lunch at Kim Huong – excellent Pho filled with tender beef and a noodle dish with exceptional BBQ pork and eggrolls, I left my phone and watch on the table. Sheesh. Sometime later I figured that I had left them at the restaurant and gave them a call. They graciously put them in a new padded envelope and mailed it back to me (we live a few hours away). I will be going back to eat their top-notch food and to enjoy their kind hospitality!

4  Thank CBlue22
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Been going here for years, it is very good and right next door to a Vietnamese grocery store. The food is teriffic, the staff is nice and it is pretty authentic. NOTHING fancy, just good quality Pho.

1  Thank Harleyca100
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Hands down, Kim Huong is our most favorite Vietnamese restaurant. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who makes a better pho or bun. We have only found a few that are equal and these are over an hours drive away. Both the beef and chicken broths they make for their soup is very flavorful. Your pho comes with a plate of only the freshest basil, bean sprouts, limes and jalapeno's. You can tell by the look, smell and flavor that their ingredients are all freshly prepared. Try the chicken salad. It is a tangy, coleslaw with chicken salad that is really yummy. While the decor is not a lot to look at and from the outside you may wonder if you should go in, but it is well worth it. The place is always packed during lunch and dinner times. Best of all it doesn't cost a fortune!!

2  Thank Riverhaven
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I love the food here. They told me that they "do" Ho Chi Minh (southern Vietnamese) cuisine as opposed to central (Hoi An) or Northern (Hanoi) cuisine and it is deeeelicious. I don't care how much MSG or sugar they put in there (do they use MSG?). Green papaya salad, lemongrass chicken, ANY of their phos. YUM.