“Great choice near I-5”

Dining options: Breakfast
Renton, WA
“Great choice near I-5”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We found this place by accident, after looking for a restaurant that we found closed. Almost Home was great, charming interior and the staff was warm and considerate. If you're ready for down home American food you won't be disappointed. They have an excellent senior menu with the option of adding pie for 99 cents. The salad that came with our meal was a pleasant surprise with crutons and bacon bits over a generous serving of crisp greens. We often travel this stretch of highway and will certainly plan to stop again.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Head-mama

San Francisco, California
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Excellent food with a good range of choices. All home cooked the Breakfas menu is particularly good. and service was excellent, quick efficient,

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank mrbandot
Taylorsville, Kentucky
“Good, homestyle food”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I visited this restaurant twice while staying at the hotel just behind it. The first time was takeout munchies: baked potato skins and nachos. The potato skins were bigger than most restaurants, with plenty of potato left inside the skin and generous toppings. I asked for sour cream on the side, since it was carry-out, and the server happily complied. The nachos were basic and as expected. The next day, I met a colleague for lunch. She had an egg dish from the all-day breakfast menu. She requested both her eggs and bacon cooked to order, and the cook did both exactly as she asked. I had the reuben and fries. The sandwich was grilled perfectly, and the fries were crunchy and hot (not soft or soggy like some diners). Service was prompt and attentive. There is nothing exciting or gourmet on the menu, but it seems they do basic, homestyle food very well. Also, I found the cost extremely reasonable: $25 for two meals, including a glass of wine and a mug of beer.

• Visited September 2011
“Wide menu, great portions, and EXCELLENT service!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I work across the street from this place...I have been going there for 10+ years...From the owners to the wait staff, nothing but great folks! The John Wayne motif instantly makes you feel like your at "home"...I send my hotel customers there daily, with rave reviews upon returning......very wide menu with plenty of options.... I'm a fussy-butt eater, and they graciously accommodate my every whim! F.Y.I....I am a retired chef.....i know my stuff.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank jimmyjamusa
Salt Lake City, UT
“Gives Independant Restaurants a Bad Name”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went to this restaurant based on the glowing recommendation of the desk clerk at the Red Lion across the street. It just wasn't our day, apparently. His specific recommendations were: Good prices, Great food, Clean inside, super nice people.
This is what we actually encountered: castoff 80s yard sale couches in the waiting area, some sort of costume jewelry for sale in the pie case, no customers there except a small group of seniors having some kind of meeting. Our family of four was seated in a separate room away from the senior group - only this room had been used earlier in the day for another banquet and not cleaned up. All but one table still had the dirty glasses and flatware from some earlier meal. We were seated here alone - and when our baby let out a couple little fussy cries, someone came and slammed the partition shut. The waitress didn't completely take our order - asking us which kinds of side options we wanted - she just chose for us. The food was not well made (cheap wheat-colored wonder bread instead of real wheat bread - cranberry sauce from a can - with the ridges still in place, etc).
We try to eat at locally owned non-chain places when we can. This place would make anyone long for Applebee's.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank pixelpushr

Been to Almost Home? Share your experiences!