“Absolutely superior Mexican fare”
Review of La Hacienda Real

La Hacienda Real
Ranked #12 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have dined at Hacienda Real several times now, and without exception the food and service have been superb. Each dish tastes fresh, served by attentive, professional staff members that seem to care about the food, and the customers, they serve.
We love Muchas Gracias .for a fast meal, but for a little more formal, sit down dinner or lunch, it would be difficult to top this restaurant.
It's definitely a favorite.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We order take out every time we visit Salem. Wonderful service, fantastic food. Never disappoints. The restaurant itself is not suitable for large groups.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Love the handmade tortillas. My friend ordered the mole plobano with pork. super good. i was jealous because i had ordered chicken enchaladas suissas and while ok it was a little bland.wish they had beer on tap. Next time its the spicy mole for me!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We arrived at our hotel right before dinner and the front desk suggested that we try La Hacienda Real for dinner. We were very surprised at how good the food was. The chips and salsa at the beginning of the meal were very fresh and we got to watch the ladies make fresh tortillas while we waited to be seated. The menu had a very large selection with two pages of seafood dishes alone. I grew up in Arizona and have pretty high standards for Mexican food and I'd definitely go back for dinner again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I do enjoy their food but it is a bit on the bland side (for the "Gringos" I guess,) but I always order the hot sauce extra hot so I can pour it over everything. The service has improved recently - no more young women milling around out front and gossiping - even get smiles from the servers now. I like the conventional items, such as enchiladas, tacos and rellenos and haven't ventured into the rest of a large menu. Probably would enjoy it as well.

Been to La Hacienda Real? Share your experiences!