“Not worth your money or time”

Adam's Rib Smokehouse
Ranked #65 of 577 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Dirty restaurant, inside and out, Service terrible-Seemed like they wish we were not there. Chicken was undercooked, Ribs were dry, possibly reheated in a microwave. Mac-n-cheese flavor-less-possibly out of a bag. Sauces were amazing, but after paying the price for crap, I would not buy it!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We been hoping to visit this establishment for the past few months and finally got the opportunity to do so.

Save your money! The food was bland and I have better ribs out of a deli at Safeway. The people are nice and the menus has a large selection...just their food is not good at all.

Looking at other reviews hopefully they will take them seriously.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Not happy with the ribs ... not "fall off the bone"...even the fat hadn't been melted away.. the "chef" was very defensive and said they had been cooked for 4 hours....(maybe they forgot the fuel!)
I know you should not judge a BBQ place by their salad but the chicken one we ordered was a mass of lettuce with dry chow mein noodles and a little dressing over the chicken.. no basil green onion or cilantro which was on the menu description.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had heard all the radio advertisements about how great This place is so decided to give it a try. When I walked in the aroma was enticing and the decor gave me hope that this was a good smoke house. Boy was I wrong. I got a take out order of 2 racks of beef ribs, a pound of briskit, baked potatoe and french fries. First off they left out the fries but i didn't find that until home. The brisket was tough and over cooked. The ribs were just plain awful. They were dry, no flavor and tough. Wont be going back.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in town for a week and after seeing things written about how good the bbq was at Adam's, I had to try it. I only tried the ribs and they totally disappointed. They were extremely greasy cuz they hadn't been cooked long enough. I think the fat should almost melt away for good bbq and am probably spoiled by the hundreds of better bbq restaurants in Kansas City that were way better than Adam's. On a positive side, I liked the original sauce but the bourbon sauce smelled and tasted like bad stale beer. The original sauce had just the right amount of sweetness to tanginess and was available in a spicier version for those who like more heat.

1  Thank John G

Been to Adam's Rib Smokehouse? Share your experiences!