“Disappointment”

Adam's Rib Smokehouse
Ranked #82 of 534 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Stayton, Oregon
“Disappointment”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Having been a long time fan of Buster's in Portland, I had hoped to find a good barbecue restaurant in Salem. While we found the food acceptable, it wasn't anything special. The restaurant itself is sort of a shambles, a throw back to the bad old days of greasy spoons. The area is cramped and when it is busy, you are constantly being bumped by other customers as they move about between in the cramped seating area.

• Visited June 2012

Bend, OR
“Congested, and limited seating and parking”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I needed a quick meal between meetings. My GPS showed two BBQ places in Salem. The first was out of business and this was the alternative It is perched on the corner of a very busy downtown intersection. It is pretty much self-service. You place your meal order one place, you drink at another. Very limited seating and noisy. The meal and drink came up quick. It was a 50/50 meal. Half good, the other have not so good. The salad was fresh with a house made blue cheese dressing. The Pork ribs were tasty and meaty but dry. The house sauce, available in a bottle on the table, was much to sweet for my taste. The fries were shoestring, i.e. limp, greasy and scorched and tasted very much like the grease they were cooked in. Not for a repeat.

• Visited March 2013
Springfield, Oregon
“Maybe an off day?”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in Salem on business and my insurance agent told me to stop in for the best bbq around. After taking care of what i needed i stopped in at lunchtime. The place was packed and it seemed like the person taking orders was a little bit upset. I ordered a two meat combo for myself and a single meat for my wife. I got the baby backs and sausage with beans and potato salad as sides. My wife ordered the beef ribs and sweet potato fries. The beans were nasty the worst potato salad i have ever had and the ribs were dry. However the sausage was great. My wife's ribs were very fatty and and full of grizzle. She did say the fries were great. Not only were we disappointed, it was very pricey. Hardly worth going out of the way.

• Visited February 2013
Keizer, Oregon
“my trip”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great food,a little spendy,could use up to date seating area.overall tasted good,people could be a little more friendly

Visited March 2012
Ashland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love BBQ”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I try to find BBQ when ever I travel. I have tried the brisket, pull pork, tri tip and rib here. I enjoy the ribs the most. The laso have a good selection of beer.

Visited December 2012

Been to Adam's Rib Smokehouse? Share your experiences!