“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I love baby back ribs, and this was the first BBQ restaurant I've visited that didn't offer them. Instead I ordered pulled pork (above average) and brisket (terrible), and the sides were mediocre as well. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Rams1994

Reviewed August 8, 2012

wanted a good barbeque, Rose checked for bbq on the phone and off we went...great food, fast service...lots of food. Had the pulled chicken sandwich and rose had the tri tip....we will come back some day....thanks alot!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had heard good things about Adam's Rib, and being from Kansas City, I love good bar-b-q. This was not and I was so disappointed. It was very moist, but only because it was very greasy. (Left a puddle of grease in the bottom of the basket). The meat was almost mushy. Even the sides were greasy, especially the french fries. While I didn't care for the sauce, I do attribute that to my preference for a sweet sauce (I'm from Kansas City afterall!). This was very tangy. Neither of us finished our meal--we just dumped it in the trash as we left.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Not exactly sure what the deal was with the staff- maybe having a bad day? Either way the food was OKAY, definitely not somewhere I would want to go back.
Sat down, girl behind the counter failed to tell me to order there when she saw me walk in... after sitting around for five minutes finally asked and she took my order, fine.
Received my food, horrible presentation... I ordered a burger and a salad... the salad was on a PLATE and all of the dressing had dripped down onto my burger bun completely saturating it and completely overpowering anything enjoyable about that burger.
My to-go items were messed up too, maybe they knew I was out of town so they knew I wasn't coming back regardless... or maybe they were having a bad day. Either way I wish I wouldn't have tipped as much as I did since you basically do everything there except make your own food. I'd rather get McDonalds.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Like their many bbq sauce choices. My fave is hefevison <(sp). Their mac n cheese side is yummy. Was a monthly visit with my dad when he was living. Owners are Christian.

Been to Adam's Rib Smokehouse? Share your experiences!