While traveling for the holidays we stayed at BW Plus Mill Creek. I grew up staying at BW's frequently with my parents and find they are a good, solid, family friendly choice. This location is no different. I agree with other reviews that the rooms are super clean, which is a plus since family members and myself have allergies/asthma. The included breakfast at Denny's across the parking lot is NOT a problem. The wait staff at Denny's is super friendly and flying around to make sure service is prompt *and orders accurate, even during peak customer times. We LOVED the pool, spa and sauna here. Again, all very clean. Business center was more than adequate to print our flight home boarding passes. We brought our own computers and we game online, which also went very smoothly with net speed quick enough to keep the flow happening.
HOWEVER, we had distinct and unusual problems during our stay, as well. The fan in the bathroom was a cross between a poorly tuned Harley and someone screeching at the top of their lungs. It took several requests and several days to get Maintenance to arrive.
We were horrified to find feces (human poop) in the shower in the sauna. Bits were scattered about the floor and a large clump was in the drain. Besides being a professional working woman, I am a mother. Trust me, we KNOW poop. And, of course, there was the smell...
We asked for a quiet room. Overall external noise was not an issue, although a few doors down from the lobby and facing the street is not my idea of what could best be offered. During the bulk of our stay the hotel was largely empty. Most hotels would have offered an upgraded room, or away from the street. Nope, not here. Near the end of our stay another party was placed directly above us (the hotel was not anywhere near full). It was like raging elephants were above us from early afternoon and into the night. I spoke to the front desk a couple of times. I have no idea if they actually spoke to the other occupants as the noise did not abate. Again, as a mother, I can appreciate that some children are full of energy and difficult to travel with. This does not mean that other guests must be disturbed to accommodate these travelers. A better solution would have been to either put those folks on a ground floor room, or possibly away from others so their needs did not infringe on other people's requests for a quiet night's sleep.
Last, when we asked if we could have a one-hour extension on our departure time at the end of our stay, the front desk (Ashley) found this to be an unreasonable request, stating that WE would need to contact Housekeeping in the morning and see if THEY were willing to accommodate our request. I am almost 60 and have NEVER had any hotel be anything more than happy to provide a one (1) hour delay on departure day, nor have we ever had to speak to anyone other than the front desk to do so. I am shocked. And who is paying the salary for these folks?
We will continue to use BW hotels because of their overall reliability and rewards program. I gave a good rating overall but possibly should have down graded due to the attitude, nature of problems, and response time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn offers top-notch customer service and is conveniently located near Interstate 5, Highway 22 and only 2 miles from Willamette University. Hotel guests will also find Oregon Gardens, the Oregon State Capitol and Willamette Valley vineyards nearby. Other popular attractions and events close to the hotel include The Oregon State Fairgrounds, Enchanted Forest, The Bite of Salem and Salem Art Fair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Best Western so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Mill Creek Hotel Salem
- Best Western Salem
- Salem Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Mill Creek Inn Salem, Oregon