“We love this place~!”

Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's so nice to know that while traveling from Arizona to the San Juan Islands in Washington we are assured of a wonderful room with great amenities for our stay! We have two small dogs that LOVE coming to this location as well.

Room Tip: There is a fee for EACH dog, doesn't matter what size dog you have, it's $20.00 per dog per...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We do have pet-friendly rooms, which always seems to be popular. Regarding your pet fee, we only charge $20 + tax per day, not per dog. If you were charged $40 per night, call me at (503) 585-3332 or email me at bwmci@msn.com with your information, and we will correct the charge for you.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again for your glowing comments. Warm wishes.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is an excellent property. It is clean, well-maintained, convenient and well priced. The staff is friendly and professional. The internet works as well as the one in my old office at a major university. I have stayed in over 50 BW properties in the USA and this property rates as one of their very best. This is what all BW's should inspire to like. Congratulations to the owners. (BTW, I have no idea who owns or operates this BW. Also know, I have only stayed here for one night two different times in two years so my sample size may not be large but my results are consistent.)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at this BW in Salem for 6 nights. The double queen room was clean, spacious, with ample counter, drawer, and closet space. We especially appreciated the 2 vanity and sink areas with generous counter space and a magnifying mirror attached to the bathroom vanity. We asked for a room in a quiet location and that's exactly what we got with a 3rd floor room on the side of the hotel. We occasionally heard noise from the hall but didn't hear anything from the rooms on either side of us and the hotel was full. The heating/cooling unit included a fan which doubled as a white noise machine. We appreciated the mini fridge and the room includes a microwave. We loved that bottled water was provided.The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast at Denny's was better than the average hotel buffet breakfast. We also ate breakfast at Word of Mouth which I highly recommend. Downtown Salem and Willamette University are just a short drive away.

The furnishing in the room that we stayed in were starting to look a little worn, the pillows were a little too firm even the "flatter" replacement pillow that I requested, and the sheets were a little scratchy to my hyper sensitive skin. However, I would stay here on my next visit to Salem and highly recommend this hotel. I liked it better that the Residence Inn that we stayed at before and it is a better value.

Room Tip: Double queen is spacious enough for a family of four. The third floor in the back or side of the hot...

Abby,

Thank you for spending your time to give us kind feedback on your recent stay. It’s pleasing that you were very detailed in mentioning all of the extra amenities we provide for all of our guests. The furnishings you described are not characteristics of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize that it was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our team, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place is always clean and well kept. Convient to many places in the south end of salem. Breakfast is good at the Denny's accross the parking lot.
Reception staff are always friendly and the work out room is adequate and very seldom crowded.
Whenever you are greated with a cookie it's always a good start.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less outside noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us; thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and we appreciate your patronage. We hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

First, I had not made a reservation, clerk was helpful and offered discount for AAA or AAARP but it was not reflected on bill on checkout.
She did ask if I was a rewards member. I told her that I don't know, but BW keeps sending me on line ads. If I am not then please desist from e-mailing offers.
Upon entry to room the toilet was running continuously. I did lift the top and adjust the float so that no more water was wasted.
The electrical outlet on the wall that the hair dryer and lighted mirror was not operable so I had to recharge my phone using the outlet by the television.
Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I am so sorry that your stay with us was disappointing. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate actions to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Regarding the Best Western Rewards card please contact 1-800-237-8483. They will gladly help you find your number, if you have a Rewards card, and you can reqest that they send you fewer emails. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Checking was easy; we had prepaid and everything was ready for us after a long drive.

Rooms were clean, comfortable, and updated. Internet was fast and consistent.

Parking was more than adequate.

The "complimentary" breakfast was at the adjacent Denny's. Of that's okay with you you'll be happy. We went elsewhere. Generous coffee service in the room and lobby.

I would stay again at this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor in the rear. Very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent rooms, pleseant and helpful staff, good location. This hotel offers amenities that you normally would only find at a upper scale establishment. Ammenities included: Private shower/toliet, Refridgerator, Coffe pot, TV w/DVD player, Premium channels and the front desk had a selection of current DVDs for rent. If I had to make a complaint it would be that the TV was too dark and too far away from the bed. Would highly recommend this hotel! Will stay here again with out question.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your suggestion regarding our televisions; we will look into it, and hope to have a remedy very soon. We are so glad you found us to be recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!