Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
$103
$189
$113
$109
1,337 results
All reviewsfree breakfastparking lotdenny's breakfastcookiesfront deskbest westernswestern hotelstwo sinksroom was cleangreat place to staythird floorsalem areadefinitely stay here againbusiness centerright next doorexercise roomeasy access
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Even though my meetings are not close to your hotel, I stay there anyway because I like the friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms and getting to pick a "real breakfast" from Dennys. Your hotel is the only one that does. I am not a donut or cereal person. In part, because I can't drink milk The only thing I missed this last trip was the bottled water. I don't know if someone forgot to put some in my room or if you no longer offer it. I wish you would continue to provide the bottled water. : )

Room Tip: If you have a special request, just ask the friendly person at the front desk. They have always been very accomodating to me. I like the 3rd floor not close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you, Elena, for your review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We still offer complimentary bottled water; we now put it in the room refrigerator so that it is chilled for our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I can always count on the employees and management to make my stay a very pleasant one. I always stay here when I'm in town. Great rooms and centrally located. Its nice to be partnered with Dennys to provide all your meals.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our choice of this property was due to its location and reviews on TripAdvisor. My expectations were high. Perhaps too high.

Located near about 4 other hotels, this property offers easy freeway access and a Denny's with a bar right next door. It's also across the street from Costco, which if you need to fuel or stock-up, is very convenient.

We were going to be going to Monmouth and Woodburn, so the property was well situated for both.

Check-in was a breeze, and the staff very pleasant. Carts are available for you to take your luggage up to your room, and located right outside the front door. The elevator is small and the door narrow, so it did take some finesse to get the cart in and out easily, but we managed it. (Tip: Have 1 or 2 passengers get in first and move to the right, then head the cart in to maximize the space.)

Our room was on the top floor (per our online request), away from elevators, and towards the back of the property. This ended up to be a very quiet location, which was nice. We never heard any of our neighbors or any street noise.

The room was clean with a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The pull-down ironing board was well hidden in a mirror-faced closet at the entry. Ample lighting in the room, windows that could be opened for fresh air, a desk and a table, all offered nice comfort.

The heating and air situation worked, but was pretty noisy via typical fan unit that can be manually adjusted. Low flush toilets throughout the property (also in the bathroom near the swimming pool) were eco-friendly, but not terribly effective.

Beds were too firm for my taste, and the 4 pillows given to each queen bed were so firm that it was tough to use one to sleep on. No give, but they look pretty. I was happy I'd brought my own! Overall, the bed and pillows really killed an otherwise good hotel room experience for me.

One issue while we were there was that ice makers on the 3rd and 2nd floors were broken. No one told us at check-in, so when I went in search of ice, I ended up checking the 3rd and 2nd floors before ending up on the 1st floor - the only working machine.

The good parts... nice indoor pool, fitness room and free coffee bar. A coin-operated laundry is also on site.

Breakfast at Denny's was generous and tasted great. A nice perk to staying at this property.

Two suggestions for the management of this property. First, get pillows that can be used for sleeping not just decoration, and either memory foam toppers or softer beds. Second, locate a designated smoking area for guests farther than 10' from the front door. Passing 3 people seated and smoking while talking on their cellphones, a few feet from the main entrance to the property wasn't pleasant.

This wasn't the best nor the worst stay I've had at a hotel. The free breakfast and coffee bar were nice perks, the quietness and cleanliness of the room and the friendly staff made it slightly above average.

Would we stay there again? Probably not. Mainly due to the uncomfortable beds, the proximity of other options at the same price point, and our desire for a good night's sleep on the road.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor on the north side to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn. Your input helps us to see where we are doing well, and what areas need improvement. We plan to make some improvements based on your comments. While our beds require certain Best Western approved pillows, we will have softer pillows that can be delivered to the rooms upon request. We will also train our staff to let our guests know when equipment (like the ice machine) is out of service, and where another machine can be located.

We truly believe that we are deserving of our high ranking on TripAdvisor, and we will continue to work hard to earn that ranking. I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Salem.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room was big and roomy and very clean. There was a nice breakfast offering at Denny's that I did not use but thought the option was nice. Bed could have been softer and fitness room needs some serious updating, but staff were friendly and overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013

nice room but bathrooms are very small also breakfast was dennys the service was not good there stayed three nights and only went there for breakfast once would not recomment that restaurant i realize that the breakfast was complintary but i own a resaturant and know what to expect as far as service we had to wait 15 minutes just for someone to bring us coffe we thought maybe it was because the motel furnished it. also a new employee had rented the room to us at 10:30 PM the manager knocked on our door and asked what our name was because that room was suppose to be empty

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I appreciate your candid review, Ruthann. I will pass on your comments to management at Denny's restaurant. It's important to us that our guests enjoy the complimentary breakfast as much as you enjoy the rest of your stay. I am sorry that our night manager knocked on your door so late at night. A computer error caused some confusion about which room you were staying in, and for your security, they needed to verify this information. We have fixed the problem, and I am confident that this won't happen again.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.