“Words leave us speechless.”

Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I travel to the U.S. every 3 to 4 months and 3 days of this adventure is in Best Westerns. Best Western Hotels/Inns have been our choice for years. This was our first visit to Salem Oregon and we felt pampered by the Friendliness of the Staff, the treats and coupons we recieved and the rooms were outstanding and so clean. The idea of the Bar with 2 chairs was such a nice touch we really felt at home. Even the swimming pool, hot tub and saunas were well maintained and water was crystal clear and the sauna was a bonus for out weary bodies after long days of travelling. The bed was so comfortable we had such a comfortable sleep which made the trip easier the next day. The staff at Denny's Resturant were very prompt and friendly. Two thumbs to the Female Bartender, she was a Doll and so cheerful to everyone who walked through the doors. Would we stay here again? You bet your Bottom Dollar we will.

Room Tip: When entering any Hotel/Motel or Inn take notes on the pools, hot tubs and saunas. A well kept envir...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hi Lorna,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We recently resurfaced our pool, and it's always a top priority of ours that our rooms and public areas are kept spotless for our guests. I will pass on your kind words to Denny's restaurant as well. We hope to see you the next time you are in Salem.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

With so many newer hotels offering top end amenities and self serve breakfast, Mill Creek Inn has taken their place to a higher level. Not having breakfast dining room, they offer a free cooked breakfast from the Denny's at the end of their parking lot. Cooked and served fresh! Nice touch!!! Room very clean, comfortable stay at a reasonable price. Located conveniently to I-5 for the traveler.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hot breakfast at Denny's restaurant. We find that most of our guests appreciate this option compared the pastries & fruit offered at many of our competitors. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at this motel every time I am in Salem. Its an older motel but very clean and well kept. I do wish they had some kind of quick breakfast for people on the go in the morning. The hot Denny's breakfast is great though...

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After staying last year with my daughter on way to visit a niece, her husband and new baby decided to try again. My husband and I stayed overnight on way to visit same niece and family again and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Convenient to freeway, room spotless, and breakfast at the tastiest Dennys left. My husband liked this place the best and I know we will return when our travels bring us this way again. Thank you for keeping such high standards!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you so much, Jan, for your kind review of our hotel. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us enough to return, and that we met your expectations on your second stay. Consistency in good customer service is very important to myself and my staff, and I will make sure to let them all know that they succeeded with you.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Salem!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family and I enjoy staying at some of the nicer hotels, it's a treat we enjoy a few times a year. While visiting Salem Oregon we needed two ajoining rooms for a reasonable price, oh on short notice, on a Saturday. Dawn got us a great price, sent us on our way with cookies, and coupons. I was very pleased with the extra's that I didn't have to ask for. In many cases we run out of shampoo or need more coffee or pillows, something. These rooms were generously stocked and even came with make-up remover wipes! Thanks, Dawn you were so nice and helpful and the rooms and rates were amazing. We will go out of our way next time to find the Best Western Hotels.
Cristal French

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate your review, Cristal, and I will pass along your comments to Dawn. I'm happy to hear that she took such good care of you. We do try to stock our rooms with all of the amenities that our guests might need. In the future, if you need something that is not in the room, call the front desk; we stock many extra items that our guests might forget (toothpaste, combs, deodorant, etc), that we offer at no charge.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Large indoor pool, helpful staff and the usual BW standard of cleanliness ensured a good stay.

Only downside was that breakfast is served at Dennys across the parking lot and for us this meant a longish wait for a table and limited choice compared with the usual buffet style meal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We travel to Salem a few times during the year and this has become our favorite place to stay. The building is a bit older but the rooms are huge and always spotless! Great location, close to Williamette University and Costco is nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012