Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn(Salem)(Great Value!)
$99
ComfortSuites
$189
$109
1,337 results
All reviewsfree breakfastparking lotdenny's breakfastcookiesfront deskbest westernswestern hotelstwo sinksroom was cleangreat place to staythird floorsalem areadefinitely stay here againbusiness centerright next doorexercise roomeasy access
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I will always stay at this hotel. Unlik Karl H I found the hotel to be very trustworthy. The last time I was in Salem, I stayed because of my company. I left a wad of money along with other receipts. They overnighted the items to me intact. There are less expensive hotels in the area. I choose Best Western Plus because of how I was treated back then. I wasn't disappointed this time either. Free internet, cooler works find, clean etc.

Room Tip: Didn't hear much with the cooler on.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Whenever I have business in the Salem area, I always stay at this hotel. I've stayed here for over 10 years (probably 25+ times total) and I've always had a very pleasant experience. The rooms are always spotlessly clean and despite the years, always look fresh and new. The front desk help is consistently friendly, efficient and responsive to any needs or questions. A stay at this hotel includes a breakfast voucher for Dennys which is just across the parking lot. This hotel also must have good insulation because I'm a light sleeper and this hotel always seems nice and quiet. I recently had two days of business north of Salem yet decided to make the drive back in the evening to this hotel because I knew it would be a pleasant evening. Two thumbs up for this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is fairly clean, but heavily worn. My concern is the lack of integrity I experienced. I made a reservation with the understanding I was receiving a government rate; I was also attending a government sponsored workshop which also indicated this particular hotel offered the government rate.
After finishing my travel and completing my travel claim, I noticed I was charged in excess of the government lodging rate. While it is my fault for not checking the published rates more closely, I was intentionally misled when booking this room. I called and asked what had happened and was told they offered a "Government Discount" that is in excess of published rates. I find it funny how they were much more articulate after the fact than when I was making the reservation.
I find this sort of tactic very offensive and lacking integrity. If this is they type of dishonesty existing in the management of this hotel and is tolerated by the corporate offices, what else is going on in this organization in which they are taking advantage of customers?
Stay at your own risk!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karl H
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

The Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn takes great pride in our integrity & professionalism. In this case, we quoted the rate to the guest when he made the reservation, we sent a follow up email to him (including the rate quote) immediately after making the reservation, and he initialed the rate on the registration card at check in. It was only after he checked out, that he called us with the complaint about this rate.

We have since resolved the issue with this guest. We will never intentionally mislead our customers regarding our rates.

Jake Bryant

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Visited our granddaughter at Willamette Univ., which is a short drive from the hotel. It is near a highway, with an excellent location. We liked everything about this facility - front desk staff was very acccommodating, huge room with an extra sink outside the bathroom, very good towels and amenities. Good wifi. Breakfast, included, at Denny's was convenient and very good. As a minor issue, at breakfast, you are entitled to have either juice or coffee, but not both - this should be reviewed by the hotel. Otherwise, a great stay and we would stay here again without reservation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time in Salem! Thank you for your suggestions; I will pass them along to the manager at Denny's. The next time you are here visiting your granddaughter, ask for a room with granite countertops. We are in the process of remodeling our bathroom & vanity sinks, and I would love to hear what you think of them!

Jake Bryant

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Ideal for I5 and Salem centre only 3 miles.
Friendly professional staff at check in. Free cookies & coffee on check in.
Room was a good size with similar bathroom. Both very clean. Kitchen was poorly stocked - no plates or cutlery!
Free internet is available in a private room, need to sign for the door card from Reception, can use upto 1 hour and you must not let anyone else into the room.
Breakfast is across the road at Denny's. Limited choice avilable.
Lancaster Mall is 1 mile way & Walmart SuperCentre (not sure if it is big enough to be called a 'Supercentre'!) is 1.7miles

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple