“Flawless”

Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Spacious, immaculate, and well-maintained guest room. Very professional and courteous service. The entire facility is exceptionally well-appointed and maintained for a hotel in this price range. We didn't utilize the pool or room service, but have no doubt that they were in keeping with the high standards elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We checked in last minute they accommodated us well. We requested a room near the pool and got the one right next-door, which was great!
My only complaint is that room-service knocked at 830AM I guess I should have put out the "do not disturb" sign, but it never crossed my mind to.
Breakfast was continental at Denny's and we got a 10% off discount for Denny's dinner, which was quite convenient. For more on the Denny's check out my review of them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for letting us know what you enjoyed about your stay at Best Western PLUS Mill Creek Inn, and where we can improve. I discussed your review with our housekeeping supervisor, and she has assured me that her staff will be trained to contact the front desk to verify if a guest has checked out, instead of knocking on the doors early in the morning.

Thank you again from bringing this to our attention. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay!

Jake Bryant

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here as part of an extended business trip and we very much appreciated the good condition of the work out room, the laundry and the coffee pot! The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly. The one request I would make is to have something on the breakfast menu that is a bit more nutritous - or least some fruit in the lobby. But, overall, thanks to all of you at Best Western for making the effort.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our property. We always appreciate input from our guests to let us know how we are doing. I spoke with the manager at Denny's, and he has agreed to add a healther choice to the menu. The new options will be:

1. 2 Eggs (egg whites may be substituted), Hashbrowns & Toast
2. French Toast or Two Pancakes
3. Hot or Cold Cereal & Toast
4. Biscuits & Gravy

All choices include 2 bacon or sausage links, or a small fruit bowl. Served with coffee, tea or juice.

We hope to see you again soon!

Jake Bryant

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our family stayed here during the State Fair. The facility was completely booked yet the staff was courteous, attentive and efficient. The room was immaculate. We appreciated the self-service coffee/hot chocolate station and other personal touches. I travel a lot and was also apprehensive about staying at BW but I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This seemed the best location given our driving route, and we were pleasantly surprised, given some previous experiences with Best Westerns (all independently owned and operated, so variation in quality is to be expected). Desk staff was attentive and helpful. Denny's breakfast worked better than we expected. I-5 access couldn't be more convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm a student at Willamette University, and when I need a place for me, my friends, or my family members to stay, I always book here. This Best Western is spotlessly clean. The service is professional but friendly (especially Elizabeth at the front desk). You get a AAA and Willamette University discount. And the free amenities are endless. They include free breakfast and the Denny's across the way, free parking, free fresh made cookies when you check in (and the hotel smells like baking cookies at night too), free hot chocolate and coffee, free water... you get the idea. So next time you're in Salem and you're looking for a great place to stay, you don't need to wonder if you're going to have a good experience here. I'll never stay anywhere else as long as I'm going to school in Salem.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms on the first floor... the smell of chlorine from the pool is right outside w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was very clean and family-friendly. All the employees were very nice and helpful. We loved all the amenities such as the pool, free hot chocolate cookies upon arrival and free water bottles in the rooms. We also love the soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the bathroom they were very nice to use and good for the environment. Overall this is one of our favorite hotels we have stayed at.

• Stayed: August 2012