“Entire section of broken doors”

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Boise, Idaho
“Entire section of broken doors”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Tried to stay here, they put me in a section of the motel with doors that do not open. I injured myself trying to follow the desk clerk's advice to open the door. Tried 2 rooms before the clerk admitted the weather stripping on that side of the hotel prevented the doors from opening. I requested she call a manager. After much debate from her, she made the call. The manager was also aware the doors didn't open. They finally moved me to their sister property about 5 miles away

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very valuable. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We have had our maintenance staff working daily to ensure that we fixed the issues with our doors. We are continually committed to providing the best in facilities and service. Again thank you for the review, and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartford, Michigan
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Got the basics for a hotel down and does the job if you need simple. It had a motel feel to it. Good location for Salem attractions. Lots of information available. Right by highway. Very affordable and won't break the bank.Gym and breakfast need work.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and quiet with a very courteous staff. It met my expectations for the price and I was not let down. The included breakfast consisted of the usual pancakes, cereal, toast, biscuits and gravy, etc. Not having to pay additionally for breakfast was great, especially for a family of four.

• Stayed May 2014
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Came in from the coast to deliver some furniture to our son's apartment. We checked in to a very friendly and upbeat staff. Even though they had to have been stressed by the kids from a basketball team and families hanging out in the lobby and harassing the guests trying to check in, they were very professional and friendly.

Our room was very clean and well maintained. The beds were comfortable, and the bedding was clean. If there was a negative, it would be the need for a curtain across the doorway between the room and the bathroom area to give a place to change when traveling with kids. The bathroom is just a bit too small.

After moving furniture up stairs for my son, I was looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub. I was not disappointed. The pool area was clean and the hot tub was worth the wait. It is however a little darker than it should be, even with the two lights that were out it should have been brighter.

Breakfast was excellent, hot and cold foods with something for everyone.

All in all, my family really enjoyed the stay!

1 Thank ordyqaso
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you, for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. The hotel staff and I are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you on future visits!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The staff here go beyond their expectations to ensure a comfortable stay at their Best Western Plus . The room is very clean with all amenities to make it a low cost , high value rest stop! Very pleasant and helpful team of hotel clerks and maintenance employees.

Room Tip: The only tip we might have would be to stay in an upper level room, to avoid hearing people come and...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, Peter, for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. It was great to read your comments. I posted this for all of our hotel staff to read, they were very excited to see the nice things you had to say about them. We take great pride in our customer service, and it's nice to hear positive reinforcement from our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Kent, Washington
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very comfortable bed. Very clean room; I should know since I own a cleaning company. Good breakfast and helpful front desk staff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I thought I received good value for the price paid. The pool and hot tub temperatures were comfortable.

1 Thank Darryl F
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I checked in around 9 PM and was greeted by Theresa (sp?). She was very upbeat and friendly even though there had been a slight "flurry" of activity. She seemed genuinely interested in answering any questions/needs I might have. I felt like a guest, thanks to her attitude.

The room was clean, beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean and well maintained. The heater functioned well ensuring a good night's sleep. I did not hear any noise from Interstate 5 or the neighborhood. No noise from adjoining rooms either. I am a moderately light sleeper, especially when traveling.

Areas for possible improvement-
-The price could have been a little lower. For me this was just a travel rest stop, not a vacation destination.
-The TV could have been a big larger, but it had good sound and picture.

Having said that, I will probably stay here again next time I travel through.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo