“Excellent Value Accommodations - Better Than Any Hilton!”

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The staff here go beyond their expectations to ensure a comfortable stay at their Best Western Plus . The room is very clean with all amenities to make it a low cost , high value rest stop! Very pleasant and helpful team of hotel clerks and maintenance employees.

Room Tip: The only tip we might have would be to stay in an upper level room, to avoid hearing people come and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you, Peter, for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. It was great to read your comments. I posted this for all of our hotel staff to read, they were very excited to see the nice things you had to say about them. We take great pride in our customer service, and it's nice to hear positive reinforcement from our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very comfortable bed. Very clean room; I should know since I own a cleaning company. Good breakfast and helpful front desk staff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I thought I received good value for the price paid. The pool and hot tub temperatures were comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Darryl F
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I checked in around 9 PM and was greeted by Theresa (sp?). She was very upbeat and friendly even though there had been a slight "flurry" of activity. She seemed genuinely interested in answering any questions/needs I might have. I felt like a guest, thanks to her attitude.

The room was clean, beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean and well maintained. The heater functioned well ensuring a good night's sleep. I did not hear any noise from Interstate 5 or the neighborhood. No noise from adjoining rooms either. I am a moderately light sleeper, especially when traveling.

Areas for possible improvement-
-The price could have been a little lower. For me this was just a travel rest stop, not a vacation destination.
-The TV could have been a big larger, but it had good sound and picture.

Having said that, I will probably stay here again next time I travel through.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Once again, I was pleased with my stay here. Front desk is always courteous and helpful. This is my second time staying here. The price is right and the place is nice, so I will probably stay here again. My bed was comfortable and I wouldn't have wanted a bigger TV.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BrentB24
Jake B, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you, Brent, for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. We appreciate your repeat business, and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

price was right but the stay was very disappointing. bed was uncomfortable, TV too small and road noise kept me awake. i am sorry I ever recommended this location to family and friends. do yourself a favor and keep on driving.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Nancy R

Nancy, thank you for your review of our property. I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We don't often get noise complaints from any of our rooms, but we do have some areas of the hotel that are more likely to remain noise-free (away from stairs, elevators, etc). We are happy to honor all location requests, including requests for a quiet room. We have recently replaced our mattress's, so I will be sure to pass on your information to our maintenance. Again we are sorry and we hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Salem.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had to attend a funeral and used the Dignity Mortuary travel service. They booked, air, motel and car. Was very pleased with their selection. We had to drive from Portland to Salem and arrived after midnight. Motel easy to find and was checked in promptly. Heating took a few minutes to figure out but once we did it worked fine. Pleasantly surprised breakfast had an automatic pancake machine, cold hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy and selection of pastry, bagels and bread. Loved the bed, very firm and the pillows. Staff was very helpful. Had a great 2 night stay and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our stay was very enjoyable, the staff was friendly, very helpful and down to earth. If we are back in Salem again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay for another night or two. The pool, hot tub and fitness room were clean, well lit, and top notch

Room Tip: try to get the first floor you can hear everyone running around upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo