“Smells bad, internet is bad, worst BW I ever stayed in”

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I am a Diamond Elite Best Western customer - that means I am normally a BW fan and stay there a lot (Diamond Elite is the top tier of the loyalty program). This was the worst BW i have ever experienced. I am sad. The smell of the room of horrible - i had to leave the door open to air it out. There are insufficient outlets, I struggled to open my door with the room key EVERY TIME, the wireless internet in my room did not work and on and on. i am thrilled I only was there for one night. Next time in Salem i will actually notify the office not to book me here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WesmanLV
Sara-BWPHI, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We regret not having been able to provide you with an exceptional stay. I will be passing your comments along to our head housekeeping staff as well as lead maintenance manager. We all take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, and our property. Again, I am sorry that you had a negative experience with us, but I appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Your comments help us to focus on what needs to be done to help future guests to enjoy their stay at the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pacific Highway Inn

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well received on arrival. Room was clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. Wife went into spa and it was hot and jets were good. Staff were professional and nice. We have noted this hotel and plan on staying here again. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The room is clean, the staff is helpful and friendly, the location is convenient to the freeways, the rate is very reasonable, and the complimentary breakfast is good. We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Sara-BWPHI, Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for giving us such an excellent recommendation! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just off I-5, this is a convenient place to stop when traveling the interstate, north or south, or when visiting the Salem area. Since this review requires a minimum of 200 characters, let me add that Willamette Valley Vineyards is just seven miles south, at the Turner exit and just beyond the Enchanted park on the east frontage road. Good wine, beautiful location. Worth a stop.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Warren, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers. Thank you for mentioning the Willamette Valley Vineyards, it is a tourist attraction that is beautiful to our Salem area.We do value your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Pacific Highway Inn because of location and because we had some points remaining on a travel card. The rates were economical, the staff outstanding (helpful and friendly). The room was a bit outdated, but still adequate. We weren't on vacation looking for a great experience.

1  Thank Dennis A
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The room was clean, decent continental breakfast, and comfortable bed. These are the reasons we did not rate the hotel lower. If we had to rate it based on noise we would have rated it a 1-2. At 12:30 am there were about 6-8 state troopers pulling into parking lot apparently staying there after their shift(in the morning we counted 10). Lots of talking, door slamming(car and hotel room), and showers starting up. I called front desk and asked if this was new precinct. Desk clerk said they rotate and every few days stay at this hotel. She was a bit rude and said "well, people will be people and they should settle down pretty soon..." when I mentioned that it was loud and disruptive as we had to rise at 6 am. If we had known the troopers would be gathering at this hotel we would have stayed at the other one in Salem. Before you book, please find out whether or not the troopers will be there.

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from block of rooms OSP reserves if they will be there at same time as yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great price for a very clean nice hotel with a very comfortable bed. I was impressed with how nice the room was for the price I paid, especially since it was a holiday weekend. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple