“Makes my travels easier” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Pacific Highway Inn

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Ashland, Oregon
“Makes my travels easier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stay here because of the location, price and staff (I am a road warrior). I like that I can call and get a room without alot of wasted time. The rooms are large, clean and I find the beds very comfortable. The fitness center has everything that I need.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Spokane, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our recent stay at this Bestwestern was enjoyable. The staff was more than happy to help us with all our needs. We especially appreciated the head of the housekeeping department - always pleasant, always available to answer questions, needs or concerns with our room. She even sought us out on our departure date to say goodbye.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Pacific Highway Inn. We take great pride in the care that our staff takes to ensure that our customers feel at home, and I'm pleased to hear that we succeeded!

We hope to see you again the next time you visit Salem.

Jake Bryant
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

One of the cleanest and neatest hotels that I have ever stayed at. Bed was comfortable, and room (#226) was well furnished, including with real mugs and glasses and Seattle's Best Coffee. Very quiet at night, except for a faint train whistle in the early morning. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not fancy but did the job: milk, juice, coffee, bagels, boiled eggs, cereal. Pool was great too. WiFi was easy to use and reasonably fast. The only downside to my entire stay: the heat was turned down when I arrived, but that was easily fixed by turning up the room temperature. Anyways - I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Oregon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Shady Cove, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Other than the beds (not as good as most I have slept on) it could use a few more options for breakfast. The rooms were quiet but the maid turned the heat totally off. It was very cold in the room when we arrived.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank WalterbWa
Jake B, General Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your input, it really helps us to improve the experiences of our future guests. We actually replaced our mattresses last year, but if you could email us at bwphi@msn.com with your name, we can look up your room number, and take a look at the bed in that room.

We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast area and selections; these changes should be completed in early 2013.

I'll also speak with our housekeepers about the heat in the room. Our policy is to keep the heat at a reasonable level, and I will remind them of this policy.

Thank you again for your review, and thank you for staying with us.

Jake Bryant
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I travel often between California and Washington State, and we always stop in Salem for a rest stop. This hotel is a great value and the service is excellent. The rooms are very well furnished and always very clean. They even have real drinking glasses in the room and real coffee mugs! The breakfast area is very large and well-stocked. They have a wonderful indoor pool and hot-tub. They also have a fitness room that we have used. The staff is very friendly and we've always had a wonderful stay at the Pacific Highway Inn. We have stayed there at least 12 times over the past years.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael N
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The staff are super friendly and there is very easy access to the freeway. I enjoyed my stay. The location is average. It is fairly close to the shopping center, and there are a few restarants near by. I enjoyed the variety of the continental breakfast. The price was very reasonable. They have a nice pool and a very nice exercise room. I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jake B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Pacific Highway Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hello Greg,

Thank you so much for staying with us! When you are in Salem again be sure to stop in and see our new items that will be added to our breakfast bar. We will be having a pancake machine as well as biscuits and gravy! Out of all the hotels in Salem, we are glad that you chose to stay with us.

Thanks Greg, and we hope to see you again.

Sara Martin
BRENTWOOD BAY, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a comfortable motel conveniently situated near the I5, in Salem, Oregon. We have stopped each year for 6 years now when we travel south, as snowbirds (from Canada). The rooms are large and clean. The mattresses are very comfortable. We have a small dog who is always welcomed, and the breakfast is a very good basic buffet. The staff are friendly and give good service. We'll be back again next year.

Room Tip: if you have a dog, request a ground floor room