“Close to Highway for Good Price”

Best Western Pacific Highway Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Kansas City, Kansas
“Close to Highway for Good Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel just one night as a quick stop on our way to the coast. This motel is a great value for the price. The location of this hotel is not is the best part of town but it was close to the highway that would take us to the coast which was why we chose it.
We stayed in a room with a king bed which also had a desk and a small sitting area with chair and lamp. The bathroom was a little small but was ok for one night. The club house had a continental breakfast, pool, workout room and vending machines.
The staff was very accommodating and super friendly upon check in and at check-out. For a Best Western this one was middle of the road as far as amenities and price but I would recommend it as a nice, clean, and friendly place to put your head for the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I were finally able to take much needed vaction. We were blessed enough to have this hotel be our first stop. When we checked in the front desk staff were so welcoming and accomodating. She gave us a map of the area and gave us fantastic dinner recomendations. When we went to our room we were pleasantly suprised. The decore was very comfortable the room was oversized and the pool and spa were fantastic. Then upon going into the lobby for breakfast the morning desk staff were also very accomodating we needed directions and she quickly printed them off of map quest for us. I would recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Warm Springs, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

I was fortunate to arrive at the above mentioned Motel to find there was room and available on the ground floor. I recently had surgery, could not take stairs. The room was nice, I tried turning on the heat, left for dinner to give time to warm up but I did not select the right switch. Eventually figured out how to turn on the heat. The TV was nice but had limited stations. I prefer MSNBC over FOX. Was glad the room had a refrigerator and microwave also.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

My family and I have stayed here a few times and have had great service everytime. The staff is always outgoing, professional and courteous. The indoor pool is a must for my 5 y.o grandson, and I like the fact they have a fitness center so I don't have to work out in the rain. Good breakfast, free papers, clean rooms, definitely our lodging of choice!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

For the second Christmas Eve in a row, we stayed at the Pacific Highway Inn while visiting relatives in Salem. Got a great rate (I asked for their best rate and made a reservation directly by phone) and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice continental breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff. Quiet, safe and a good night's sleep. Easy freeway access near I-5, restaurants, McDonald's and gas station.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

Arrived late in Salem, looking for a different motel, and got lost. I saw Best Western Pacific Highway and decided to stop and ask if they could match the rate the other motel was advertising. The sweet gal behind the front desk told me what her best rate was and she was polite and honest that she couldn't match the other rate. She then kindly offered to help me find the other motel!!! I was dumbfounded (especially after a bad customer service experience at a Best Western in Medford -- see my other review.) She googled the address and printed out the directions to the other motel! When I got to the other motel, I quickly realized that it was so inexpensive because it was a dump, and we drove right back to the Best Western. The front desk clerk welcomed us back kindly, and quickly put us in a quiet room, all at a great rate ($84). Truly amazing service by the front desk that should make the owner proud.

The room was very clean and beds perfectly comfortable, great pillows. This motel has a large indoor pool and a jacuzzi spa, and it was open till midnight. I went down for a long swim in the clean, refreshing pool, all to myself, and then soaked in the jacuzzi. Very relaxing after a long day's drive.

The free breakfast was better than average. Waffles you could make, with sugar-free syrup an option (great for diabetics), plus whole wheat bread available, jams, instant oatmeal, pastries, fruit, and hardboiled eggs with the shell left on. There is a pleasant eating area indoors with large windows and a small patio outside with a couple tables to sit in out in the fresh air and sunshine.

Overall, we were very pleased with everything about this Best Western, but the truly superior customer service makes it stand out.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank RoseCityfriend
Blaine, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel was $18 more expensive than the one I stayed at in Sacramento which I loved. The rooms were sort of dingy (although very clean) and smelled like some kind of industrial disinfectant. I ended up taking a chair outside and reading on the walkway by the parking lot while it aired out.

The TV didn't work properly but I figured out that the cable was pulling out of the back and it started working again when I pushed it back into the housing. The air conditioning was run by an old light switch on the wall with an On/Off label in magic marker. Woke up cold in the middle of the night and had to get up to shut off the switch. No temperature control.

The next morning at breakfast the waffle iron was broken and my waffle stuck to it. There was no metal utensil for getting a waffle out of the iron so I had to use this cheap plastic fork which promptly melted to the iron. I then noticed other people's melted forks on the edges of the iron. I finally got it off and put syrup on, only to find that they were using some kind of horrible, inedible generic syrup. I threw it away and tried a donut. One bite and it went into the trash and I left, stopping for breakfast later.

The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo