“Terrible!”

Table FIVE .08
Ranked #23 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This restaurant is fairly new and that's obvious. The service is slow, the food is lacking flavour and it's expensive. If you like expensive, eclectic a la carte, then this is your place. We were a table of 9 people and no one went away satisfied. Our wallets were lighter, our tummies were hungry and not only the food but the service left a bad taste in our mouths. The only redeeming quality was that it was in old downtown and close to other restaurants. So if you had the misfortune of going, there are other restaurants close by to go to and eat.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stumbled upon Table FIVE .08 when we were walking around the area surrounding our hotel (The Grand Hotel) in Salem. The contemporary look of the place drew us in off the street and we were promptly greeted by the hostess who quickly seated us.

Because of the high ceilings, industrial-type furnishings, bustling wait staff and patrons,and wood-like laminate floors, the place was really noisy. Chatting was tough, but you could always look up towards the bar and watch TV.

I ordered the burger, which comes with pickled beets on it among some other treats. I didn't vary the order at all, and what I received was both pleasant to look at and very tasty! My daughter ordered the soup of the day - an ale/cheese soup, that while tasty to me, she didn't like it. The texture was gritty, so I think they may have cooked it a bit too fast and burned the cream, but I still thought the taste was great. My mother ordered a fettucini dish which she loved, and then we shared two desserts: banana cake and chocolate cake with buttercream - both were fantastic!

The bar menu is extensive with drinks that are made with fresh ingredients. 8 Northwest micro brews are on tap, and change frequently. I enjoyed a pilsner-like beer which hit the spot with my burger.

Prices are a touch higher than at some places, but with food and service this good, you really don't care.

I was impressed by the staff's attentiveness and recommendations, as well as the clean, contemporary vibe of this place. Definitely will go back when in Salem, and recommend it to others.

3  Thank Tartallini