“Service and Ambience”

Saigon
Ranked #210 of 568 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stopped into the Saigon on Court St. this week for a quick lunch. The proprietors greeted me warmly with smiles and good cheer. I ordered one of their specialty sandwiches on a baguette called "Saigon Special Bahn Minh" and passed the next half hour relishing the meal and the peaceful interior of this small gem in Salem. I plan to bring my wife with me in the near future when we have time to spend with the lovely proprietors to savor a fuller meal.

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed April 4, 2013

As we ended the day from seeing the state capital with a friend we decided to go and experience this nice and quiet restaurant for a late lunch. Our friend was chating in their language over the menu items and we all had a fun time waiting even the young small kids. The couple who own the restaurant were friendly and gave great customer service. The food was great and filling and so the next time we're in town we will be stopping for sure and it's not too far from the state capital building. The rice items were a no brainer for the kids and the soups we had were delicious.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the Saigon Special Bahn Minh. The baguette crust shattered on my first bite it was so crisp. The mix of roast pork, marinated pork, chicken, jalapeno slices, cucumber, pate, and whatever their spread is was savory mix of cool and spice. Fast service, delicious and economical for lunch at $4.50 to 5.50 for a sandwich. As Arnold says, "I'll be back". The buffet looks pretty great too for lunch

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love the buffet. First of all it does not offer so-o-o-o many things however the choices that are available are wonderful. I would rather have a great small selection that many ho-hum choices. the curry is amazing. I am not a tofu fan but when i went for seconds, i chose the tofu over the chicken because it was so tasty. the sandwiches are killer good. If you dont like heat, ask for NO jalapenos. the couple that run this place are hard workers and aim to please. For dinner i love the curried cod! It rocks. The cabbage salad at the buffet is AMAZING and i keep asking her to put it on the regular menu. I have recommended this place to friends and continue to get good reviews from all. check them out.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

OK, the truth is, I had no idea what bahn mi was but I am glad I found out! I went to Saigon Restaurant for lunch with a friend who introduced me to this delicious Vietnamese sandwich. I had the #3 roasted pork bahn mi which had cucumbers, carrots, fresh sliced jalapenos, lemon grass, roasted pork and a savory red sauce. Don't be afraid of the jalapenos because the cucumber counters the heat nicely and gives great flavor. As I understand, the rolls they use come from a local artisan bakery and are a 10 by themselves. The price was very reasonable at $3.95 and had generous and balanced proportions of meat and toppings. I will be going back for sure because this sandwich was delicious and different. I want to try more things on the menu but it will be hard not to order this again.