“I wish they were open all day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wild Pear
Ranked #2 of 533 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salem, Oregon
“I wish they were open all day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

The food is absolutely fabulous. I wish they were open all day. I love the chicken salad sandwich. The soups are divine! If you are lucky and happen to be in Salem on the first Wednesday of the month, they are open for dinner.

If you need a caterer, they are one of the best in Salem.

Corvallis, Oregon
“Great food in downtown oregon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Took my mother here for birthday lunch and it was amazing. A little high on price but worth it once and a while. The french dip was great.

Oregon
“Disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2010

I was so excited, I had heard for months about the great food at Wild Pear, I had the day off, grabbed my gal pals and we headed right in for lunch. The place was light and comfortable but the food lacked so much and was very expencive for what was on our tiny plates. My open faced sandwich was no bigger then the size of my hand and came with chips, so I ordered a side saled that was small and sad at best, My cup of tea however delightful was 3.00! OK, so my friends sandwich had a hard hard avacado, the bacon on it was tough and she had chips but was never offered soup or salad. My other friend ordered soup and quiche, the quiche was rubbery and I noticed that she left most of her meal behind. Overall, it was a huge disapointment. Servings were small and not worth the money. In todays economy, as presious as our money is, it would do Wild Pear good to bump up their food game. We will not be back and can not suggest it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Belvedere, CA
“Lovely, local and tasty too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

In downtown Salem, OR Wild Pear Restaurant offers a varied menu and good service. For lunch, we ordered an entree sized spinach salad with grilled flatiron steak, with red onions, chopped tomatoes and blue cheese that was really good. Our other entree was a Vietnamese Pho bowl that drew raves as excellent.
The service was very good. The desserts looked delicious and we just wished we could go off a diet and order one of the cakes or pies.
If stopping in Salem, a great place; if driving by on #5, it's worth the effort to get off the freeway and have a nice meal in a real town.

Keizer, Oregon
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

This place is so cute and has awesome food! The atmosphere in side is great, I love the table in the window and all the twinkly lights. There are also tables outside so when the weather is nice you can sit outside and enjoy! This is not a place to go if you are in a hurry though! It is always busy and consequently the food does take a bit and the servers are always pretty busy. But it is a nice place to come relax and enjoy a fabulous meal. The vegetarian greek pizza is my favorite! Although there are many delicious choices on the menu!