“Great lunch here! Everyone loved their food.”
Review of Wild Pear

Wild Pear
Ranked #2 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Bend, Oregon
“Great lunch here! Everyone loved their food.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Visiting Salem we stopped in for lunch. The Wild Pear was very crowded (in a good way) yet they seated us right away. Great decor and atmosphere. Wait staff was friendly and the menu had lots of choices. Even some of the drink options were quite special. Enjoyed my sandwich and sweet potato fries. Wraps were good. Everyone truly enjoyed themselves here. We will return!

florida
“Best ever Lunch Place”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Fresh wonderful food. Soups are amazing. This is the best lunch place we ate at in Oregon!! Check out menu on line. Don't miss this one. Can walk to Capitol from here.

Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Delicious food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stopped in for lunch during a brief visit to Salem. The food was outstanding!!! The restaurant is located in a downtown Salem in a historic building. The service was quick and efficient. We would definitely come back during our next visit to Salem.
The flourless chocolate cake is wonderful.

Albany, Oregon
“Cliche` Food, High Prices and Unaccommodating Facilities”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife had tried the Wild Pear so, at her urging, I decided to give it a try. There were divergent views of the food quality among our party of four; I was decidedly unimpressed having left this cuisine behind in California twenty years ago. Unsure as two what it was about the burger; the provolone or perhaps the aioli. In any event, it most certainly wasn't worth $12.

Being a wheelchair user I was much less impressed with the level of accessibility I encountered. Parking was a block away and terribly steep: had I been using a manual wheelchair, I would not have been able to exit my vehicle. In addition, despite what management believes, none of the tables comply with federal design standards: the one available to us was at least six inches lower than the required minimum necessitating that I transfer out of my wheelchair to accommodate the facility's apparent lack of foresight. The tables they claim are accessible most certainly are not: they were located in what had been product supply cases during the facility's previous existence as a storefront. Had they been vacant, accessing them would have required moving several tables and, I'm sure, much to the displeasure of those seated at them.

Traveling to the restroom was also an adventure as it became necessary for me to disturb patrons seated at three tables during both legs of the trip to and from. It was also necessary to wait in front of the restroom door and then dance with its' previous occupant as they attempted to leave. The restroom itself, was small and not compliant with federal accessibility standards.

I did discuss this with the Owner/Manager. While she seemed genuinely concerned, it was clear that she had little understanding of what constitutes accessible design. Subsequent communications with her indicate that her many concerns trump accommodating twenty percent of the population. An accommodationist management approach would use the federal tax benefits available to her to make her facility more inviting to those of us with mobility limitations.

If you require an accessible facility --- go elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I decided to try Wild Pear and we were sorry we did. Our order was screwed up, the food is OK, and the price WAY TO HIGH for what you get.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Wild Pear? Share your experiences!