“Downtown Location with Good eats”
Review of Wild Pear

Wild Pear
Ranked #2 of 535 Restaurants in Salem
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Marysville, Washington
“Downtown Location with Good eats”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I chose this location because of reviews and was not disappointed. We made it in the door with five minutes to spare but did not feel hurried as we dined.
Choices were enough for us all to find something we liked.
Sweet potato fries very good, though mine were all lifted from family member's plate.
Prices reasonable and nice downtown location.

Visited April 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Simple fare prepared with great ingredients and executed very well”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just adding my voice to the chorus of hosannas - this is simple fare executed very, very well. Good ingredient quality, great variety of choices.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Danhedonia
KY
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We eat here frequently and have never gotten a bad meal or bad service. Highly recommend, especially their soups!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Browneyedgirlky
Springfield, Oregon
“Wild Pear Wins my vote”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My stepdaughter-in-law and I met at the Wild Pear, she came from Portland, I came from Springfield, OR. So here's what I look for in a restaurant. Oh, by the way, Sarah, SDIL, is a foodie. I am a food snob. Tough crowd. So:
1. Great Food.
2. Great Service.
3. Can hear each other talk.

Wild Pear did superbly in all three categories. Sarah and I had great difficulty picking from the well-described, mouth-watering menu, not because we found it difficult to find something we wanted, but because there were 6 or 7 menu main dishes we wanted. Now, that is highly unusual for us. Both of us usually make-do.

The Service was beyond expectations. We sat there for a solid 2 hours catching up since last we talked, and our waitress encouraged us to take all the time we needed. The place is small and had filled up about 1/2 hour after we arrived so I took notice of that service-generosity.

We could hear each other, no problem. I am hard of hearing, especially in ambient noise. The have a few booths in the back that provide better insulation from ambient noise. Sarah and I arrived at 11:30 a.m. and had no problem being seated in the booth I chose, as the reception who Sarah called ahead of time promised. Arrive by 11:30 a.m. and no problem getting you seated, they said. They were right.

A little thing, the most adorable tea bag anywhere.

• Visited March 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Catered and Still Enjoying Leftovers”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently attended a gathering where Wild Pear catered. The meatballs, cheeses, vegetables, chicken skewers, desserts, beverages and service were excellent! We are still enjoying the leftovers we kept in our fridge.

Visited March 2013

Been to Wild Pear? Share your experiences!