“Consistently good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Salem, Oregon
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In a town with very few consistent, good quality restaurants to choose from, BLRH delivers. Love their salads and sandwiches!

Visited October 2013
BLRoadhouse, Manager at Best Little Roadhouse, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for the great comments, we appreciate it!

Sparks, Nevada
“Dinner and drinks”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here on a Thursday night, parking lot packed. Went inside and was seated immediately with a sweet waitress. Martini and fresh bread was really good. I ordered the prime rib and that was perfect! I don't agree with the other reviews putting down the prime rib, it was extremely satisfying. My husband got the pulled pork sandwich which was good but it lacked of sauce. I'd rate it higher if the waitress actually checked up on us and if we didn't have to hunt down someone just for ketchup. Condiments should always be accessible to customers or asked when giving you French fries. Other then that the environment was good.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback. We do our best to provide great service. We will share your frustration with the lack of condiments on the table. We try to practice that condiments are on the table before the food. We didn't do that with you and we apologize that your server didn't check back with you in a timely manner. I noticed that you didn't think the pulled pork didn't have enough sauce on it. I will share your comments with our expo managers to ensure they are consistent with the pulled pork. Glad you enjoyed the prime rib!
Again, thank you for your feedback, we strive to be consistent with our food and service, but in your case, I hope that your next visit is even better!
Carlsbad, California
“Very disapointed.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

To be fair, four of the six meals we had were pretty good. But mine, was horrible. My "Prime Rib" was hardly that. I really doubt it was even prime rib and not some other kind of roast, like rump. First clue, no fat. One of the characteristics of prime rib is a healthy amount marbling--without it, it can't be categorized as "prime." The mystery roast they served was firm (as opposed to tender), dry and flavorless. I am not one of those guys who likes his expensive meat overcooked then doused with something so you can't taste the meat. I eat prime at medium-rare with nothing but a little salt, because I like the taste of the meat, which this had none of. I never send a meal back, never, but this one I should have. A family member with us had highly recommended this place, so rather than embarrassing them, I'm venting here. I guess I'm so pissed off because I worked long enough in restaurants to know that any of the cooks knew that this piece of meat was not fit to be served, but they thought they could get away with it. And they did. The rest of the meals were okay, salmon on salad. Slices of beef in wine sauce with mushrooms on top of mashed potatoes--hard to screw that one up. Over-cooked pork chops (burnt), but some people like their meat well-done, so I'll give them a pass. But the thing is prime rib is one of the easiest things to prepare! Just buy a great roast and don't overcook it. By the way, nothing was wrong with the service and the appetizers were fine. The easy stuff and the things with a high profit margin were fine. I just think they were trying to cut corners and increase their profit margin with a cheap piece of beef.

• Visited September 2013
BLRoadhouse, General Manager at Best Little Roadhouse, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Though we make every effort to provide the best in quality and service, it is obvious that we fell short in your visit, and I am terribly sorry that you didn't enjoy your prime rib. We only buy our ribeye loins from a reputable buyer and have a tried and usually true recipe that is use to prepare our prime rib. We do not cut corners with this product as it is one of our signature menu items. We always want to right a bad meal, we do encourage our guests to notify us when they are not satisfied. We hire and train our staff to be perceptive and have at least one manager on the floor at all times to help ensure quality food and service. Again, we are sorry you did not a great experience with us, we would really like the chance to make it right.

Santa Barbara, California
“Good Staples”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a hamburger, a bar, a finger-licking appetizer, or something juicy to go this is your place.

Visited August 2013
Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! We take pride in our burgers, they are fresh, never frozen, we are glad you enjoy them.
Central Oregon, Oregon
“Average food, below average "feeling"”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The wife and I ate here on Sunday September 1, 2013. We have eaten here a few times over the years and have always felt that the food is just "average" but what really stands out for us is the "feeling" that the staff gives you. It's almost like if you aren't young and attractive, they just want to get you in and out so they can get someone else in that IS young and attractive. I had the Tri-Tip sandwich which was good and average...the meat was tender and well cooked but had little to no flavor on its own. The sweet potato frys were soggy...almost like they were the bottom of the fryer basket that no one else wanted. The wife had the Chicken Taco Salad which was again...just average! The portions were good, there was nothing "wrong" with the food or the restaurant, but I don't think we will be back. If you want a better "roadhouse-type" restaurant, try the Original Roadhouse on Lancaster instead. Better food, better "feeling", plus you get peanuts?!!

• Visited September 2013
BLRoadhouse, Public Relations Manager at Best Little Roadhouse, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your dining experience with us. I have shared your comments about the sweet potato fries, and we are working on making sure our kitchen does not cook too many fries at a time, that way they will be hot and fresh for every order. We pride ourselves in our service and food quality and am sorry you didn't experience that with your visit.