“Great breakfast / brunch”

Annette's Westgate Cafe
Ranked #3 of 568 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Annettes is located in the historic Kingwood Building. Originally built in 1928 to be a market place. The building has adopted many occupants through it's time. Annette has given the historic building the respect it deserves with a dramatic makeover inside and out. Many people still remember the old market place and can't believe this is the same building from way back when. Come dine with us in our modern, yet home style stmosphere, with friendly staff to make you feel right at home.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife & I were passing through Salem on vacaion and we are always looking for restaurants that offer gluten free items. This place has great service and the food was terrific. Very good biscuits and my omelette was excellent. Pleasant cuisine.

1  Thank UncleScooge01

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Passing through on vacation. There were good reviews so we gave it a go. I decided to eat light since I had my eye on dessert. My wife ordered the Tri-tip steak with gravy and sautéd onions and mushrooms which was real good. Their salad bar had multiple choices which was great. Everything on the bar was fresh and inviting. For dessert, we tried the Marionberry cobbler which was absolutely delicious! Try it...you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Parlay88
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had my last dinner of a family visit to Oregon here, and it didn't disappoint! I ordered a "Blackened BBQ Bacon Burger" ($11.99), with fries and had a Nates Apple something or other...it had whiskey, apple juice with some cinnamon liqueur...and it was awesome.

The burger was very large, and the bacon was this very thick farm cut style that you just don't get at restaurants anymore. There were 3 adults and 1 child in our party, and we sat outside. It was very pleasant, and the waitstaff was quick and efficient. At about the same time as our food arrived, a group of musicians set up at a table and started playing guitars and singing. It looked to be just some local fellas getting together to play, rather than a paid group...but they were still pretty good, and added to the nice evening.

Next time I'm in Salem, I fully intend on trying the breakfast items that other reviewers rave about, but as for the dinner menu; it's pretty awesome too!

1  Thank awschroader
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I love Annette's Westgate Cafe. I have never had a bad meal or service at Annette's. They have some of the best breakfast meals around. I also love the small little neighborhood bar attached to the restaurant. They have the perfect bar menu and they are not afraid to pour you a good mixed drink. The best part of hanging out at the bar is the friendly atmosphere. For the the quality and amount of food you get Annette's prices are exceptional. Annette's also has a banquet room in their basement if you need a larger space for a meeting or small party.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I had heard nothing but good things about this restaurant so we decided to give it a try one day for a late lunch/early dinner. After hearing how crowded it can be, we were surprised to find it relatively empty and super quiet. After looking over their expansive menu with so many options to choose from, I chose the rib eye sandwich and my husband had the Texas melt. The food came out super fast and super hot, and the portions were huge. I wasn't expecting a full 8 oz. steak for the sandwich and it was probably one of the best I've had in Salem. It was well seasoned with their blackening seasoning, and cooked to perfection Their onion rings were also some of the best in the area, but all the food was just too much and had to take it home.

We were enticed for a couple of their cheesecake shooters which were these adorable little cheesecake dishes for only $1.50 each. it was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. I am really looking forward to trying them for breakfast or at least, to try some of their breakfast dishes.

2  Thank Geri S