“Who's in charge here?”

Annette's Westgate Cafe
Ranked #3 of 537 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Annettes is located in the historic Kingwood Building. Originally built in 1928 to be a market place. The building has adopted many occupants through it's time. Annette has given the historic building the respect it deserves with a dramatic makeover inside and out. Many people still remember the old market place and can't believe this is the same building from way back when. Come dine with us in our modern, yet home style stmosphere, with friendly staff to make you feel right at home.
Keizer, Oregon
“Who's in charge here?”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This establishment is soooo poorly run by it's owner..I mean employees... not sure who makes the desicions here. My family and I have been long time customers until our last visit.
My son in law ordered his usual, taco omlette, and the bartender,Sarah, decided to take it upon herself to "split" it. Noone in our group asked for this, and then we were told if we wanted it "fixed' she cuold have the cooks "glue it together with cheese". What?? pay 15$ for an omlette that wasn't what was ordered and then look at us like we are aliens because we were unhappy with the food and service! Sarah then told our group"Annette said you have to pay for it,cuz you ordered it" WE paid our bill, and left no tip...Sarah then responed to our table with"NO TIP!!" Will NEVER be back! Annette...take charge!!

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank lori n

Westminster, Colorado
“Would NEVER go there again”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We were in Salem for a special family visit. My brother suggested we go there. We did and it has certainly changed since he was there last..

First time (and last time) there. 6 diners. Ribs came out refrigerator cold. Stir Fry tasted like a microwave dish. Fascinating Beef Stroganoff - fake brown gravy over noodles with a bit of sour cream on top - no sauteed mushrooms, no burgandy sauce. Liver and onions - sliced 1/8" thick and cooked black - could break it, not cut it. Same fake gravy from a mix on the mashed as was on the "stroganoff". The chicken wrap was to have been grilled chicken. It was chicken salad and not even the quality of a supermarket pre-packaged chicken salad. Bar substituted the beer because they were out and didn't bother to ask OR tell the wait staff. That was the only semi-bright spot - the wait staff. As for the kitchen and bar staff..I've had better prepared and fresher food in about any fast food place. This was the most expensively horrible meal I've ever purchased. I will never, ever return - nor will the 5 other people. It was to have been a special family meal. It indeed was "special".

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Greg M
Portland, Oregon
“Great food worth the wait”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Always have a great meal. Best in West Salem. Beware that when they are swamped like on Sundays at lunch takes along time for our meal.

Portland, Oregon
“Good food-one of the best in West Salem”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Very friendly staff. Good food and lots of it. Great salad bar.

“Annette, you impressed two hardcore critics!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I had already been to 4 different establishments before finding Annette's restaurant.... I will not wait in line for food in salem, unless it's a taco cart. Annette's was busy, but not too full. Score one. I felt a bit under dressed, but immediately the wait staff made me feel at home. Score two. Then I asked if I may order lunch at eight in the morning... they said yes.... score three! We both ordered and in a very timely manner, our food arrived. The portions were FAT. score four. Taste and presentation were excellent. Price was reasonable. Then a most beautiful woman approached our table and asked if all was well... it was Annette!! She was so personable and mentally engaging, I soon forgot her overwhelming beauty, and quite enjoyed our five minute talk.. SCORE FIVE, ANNETTE!!! You rock, sister!!!! I will be sending my hotel guests
to you....Jimmy David