“Good food-one of the best in West Salem”

Annette's Westgate Cafe
Ranked #3 of 542 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Annettes is located in the historic Kingwood Building. Originally built in 1928 to be a market place. The building has adopted many occupants through it's time. Annette has given the historic building the respect it deserves with a dramatic makeover inside and out. Many people still remember the old market place and can't believe this is the same building from way back when. Come dine with us in our modern, yet home style stmosphere, with friendly staff to make you feel right at home.
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Very friendly staff. Good food and lots of it. Great salad bar.

There are newer reviews for Annette's Westgate Cafe

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I had already been to 4 different establishments before finding Annette's restaurant.... I will not wait in line for food in salem, unless it's a taco cart. Annette's was busy, but not too full. Score one. I felt a bit under dressed, but immediately the wait staff made me feel at home. Score two. Then I asked if I may order lunch at eight in the morning... they said yes.... score three! We both ordered and in a very timely manner, our food arrived. The portions were FAT. score four. Taste and presentation were excellent. Price was reasonable. Then a most beautiful woman approached our table and asked if all was well... it was Annette!! She was so personable and mentally engaging, I soon forgot her overwhelming beauty, and quite enjoyed our five minute talk.. SCORE FIVE, ANNETTE!!! You rock, sister!!!! I will be sending my hotel guests
to you....Jimmy David

1  Thank jimmyjamusa
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I visited on a Saturday night around 6pm. There happen to be live music (a guitarist) which set up a beautiful atmosphere. The portions were HUGE and the food was DELICIOUS. Our service was great, too! A perfect place for a date.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

So, in one word, NEVER. I have a large party going to breakfast so we made a reservation a week in advance. When we all arrive, we check in 5 minutes early, just to be sent downstairs to a full banquet room. Come to find out a party before us was late. We were sent back upstairs, understandably, to wait. We were seated promptly and that is were I am currently, an hour and 10 minutes later. Oh look, food. Lots of food and actually tastes really good. My hope is that they get more help in the kitchen. I will not recommend this establishment to the impatient patrons. Now evryone is served, good morning.

2  Thank hardnosetf
Reviewed November 13, 2008

we had several dinners & lunches and a birthday party at Annette's. Real good food and attentive service