I stayed here for a night (I may stay again tonight) as I found it fairly reasonable ($50/night; including the tax). My room was comfortable....fridge, clean, clean bathroom, comfortable with heat is all I need. I also did my laundry here; change for quarters up at the reception. I paid about $70 at the last place (Village Green in Cottage Grove) and didn't even have a fridge/laundry access....I swear, the comfort level was the exact same but I paid $20 more at the Village Green for a backyard garden I didn't use. There is a microwave at the reception at the HJ (the other place didn't have this either!). Mr. Sheng speaks PERFECT English; give me a break with that review mentioning his fault language ability. He works incredibly hard and diligently and he's putting his daughters through school (and he mentioned he wished they'd speak Chinese more often!). One girl is graduating from college in Seattle, one is at OSU and the other is a brilliant girl in high school. He was very friendly and seems like a kind father/family man who is so proud of his girls and is working hard to bring up children who will be great citizens. Give the man a break.
I'd stay here again - the only thing that annoyed me a bit was the noise of the doors/maid rustling about in the morning. At night, it was perfect...but I noticed in the morning you can hear the cars on the road and the noise around the hotel.
I did not have the breakfast so I can't speak on that....cheap/free continental brekkies aren't my thing and I carry fruit/yogurt/snacks around. Thought it was pretty cool they even have a fitness center - only a step machine, treadmill and I think a bike. Still better to have the option than not because it was another amenity I had asked about at the Village Green and they didn't have it.
The wireless internet worked fine (I'm using it right now as I type...). Would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- updated melm 3/11/07 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Salem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Salem Hotel Salem
- Howard Johnson Salem
- Salem Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Salem
- Howard Johnson Inn Salem Oregon