“Gerry's takes the cake!”

Gerry Frank's Konditorei
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Salem
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I love the showcase with a wide assortment of cakes and other desserts. They also serve "real food," though I've never gotten beyond the cakes. The staff is always friendly. The cakes are wonderful. It's pretty small, though, so it can feel pretty crowded. On a cold day, it's chilly every time the door opens (which is frequently!) For those not from the area, Gerry Frank is an iconic fixture in Salem and Oregon. He has judged the chocolate cake competition at the Oregon State Fair for decades, and his experience shows in the quality and beautiful appearances of the delicious cakes sold in his shop.

There are newer reviews for Gerry Frank's Konditorei

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just love the desserts here as they are always fresh, delicious and have always met my expectations. Service is always great and selections are creative and plentiful. Jerry knows his desserts and how to deliver!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have be eating a light dinner at Gerry's for years before dance lessons or studio practice dances. We take our cake home for afterwards and always one of the to die for Peppermint Brownies for the next day.
I was getting email menu alerts for quite a while that for some reason have stopped but may still be available if requested.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Cute, bistro type atmosphere and rich, delicious, fantastic cakes. Each slice is a little pricey but so worth it.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I know it's owned by Salem's darling, but I just don't get it.

The food is no better than can be had at any number of mom & pop neighborhood eateries. I suppose, if one has a sweet tooth, opportunities in Salem are limited. But, when the Sugar gremlin grabs me, I prefer to go straight to Konditorei's source, The Lovin' Oven, in Stayton and get my Cake fresh and more reasonably priced.

1  Thank ChuckBradley