“Best in town”

The Grand Hotel in Salem
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Salem
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Very reasonable price, the service and also the food you get at the resturant was great.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 30, 2010

We didn't have much of a choice since attending a conference at the attached convention center. The prices were really high for the room and the room was nice but the hotel had some things missing. First the heating/cooling system in this hotel and the new convention center was HORRIBLE! Why were some rooms freezing and then other spaces like sauna. The hotel hallways and elevators were sauna like, at least I could control the temp of my room easily. My window was on the 5th floor, opens wide and no screen or anything to protect one from falling out, but no screen? in the bathroom there is no fan, this made is really uncomfortable to get ready with two people. Talk about melting makeup! Then when checking out and asking if I could have a late checkout the receptionist was so rude, she offered me a half day rate, rudely...after spending this much here? I think not. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This is my 3rd stay in this hotel. When I arrived in the lobby, I remembered I had been here twice before under the previous name. I felt right at home and will plan to stay here when I am in Salem. The staff are always so accomodating and helpful. I arrived early and my room was ready for check in. The rooms are very comfortable and good size. The service in the restaurant and bar are excellent. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Salem.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2010

After travelling through Oregon for about 10 days, we decided to stop over in Salem, and were happy to find such a high-end hotel, after many motels.
Our epxerience coudl have been excellent, but for one major issue:
All night, all we heard was the constant sound of cars passing, stopping and starting, on the road and intersection outside our room (3rd floor, south wing). As a result, we had a very poor night sleep, affecting us the nest day - which is something you do not expect for this level of hotel.
I do have to say the building and rooms were very nice, and high quality, the underground free parking was nice - and the morning free breakfast was excellent - perhaps the best on our trip.
With the good reviews to date, I suspect that perhaps we simply had a room in a ppor location of the building, and that this experience may not be typical.
However, there is no excuse for this in such a new, high quality hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMD62
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Everything was perfect, from check-in to check-out. Terrific atmosphere, wonderful restaurant, excellent breakfast and the wedding reception we attended there was excellent. Free parking under the hotel. Service overall was great. We are staying there again this month.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We visit Salem several times a year and Always stay at The Grand. We come to visit family and have stayed here since they opened in 2005. We have stayed at The Grand about 12 times in 5 years.

It is still fresh, clean and welcoming. The rooms are large and well appointed. I would stay in this hotel if they had other locations.

Very nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Spent 1 night at the Grand Hotel in Salem after reading the different hotel reviews in Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed at all. Room was clean and spacious, bed and pillows were comfortable, staff was friendly, and the included breakfast was decent. One slight defect was the conversations from the next room was audible, especially in the bathroom. Not a great deal unless you want to really eavesdrop on people you don't know. Booked the room via Hotels.ca Memorial Day promo discount. Overall, great value!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple