“Always good place to get a good salad and some pizza.”
Review of Izzy's Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Izzy's Pizza
Ranked #395 of 569 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Always good place to get a good salad and some pizza.

Reviewed June 2, 2008

Truly disgusting! Here is a copy of the report I sent to the department of health in Salem:

Sir, , This Sunday, June 1st my husband and I drove to Salem for shopping. We decided to stop for lunch and went to the Izzy's on Commercial listed below.

I was going to have what they call a salad bar when I encountered a truly sickening sight. The "Lettuce" they had out was yellowed, and BLACK with rot! This was not just a single leaf, or a small piece that had been accidentally put there. This was an entire platter of old, yellowed rotten leaves! On further inspection I noticed that many of the mixed salads did not look fresh (dressings were that odd 'clear/yellow' that mayonnaise gets when old) although I did not attempt to investigate any further. It was a nauseating sight. I am sorry I did not have the mindset to take a photo but I was far too upset. We left immediately!

For your information I am a VERY good cook of 54 years and do have a food handlers card for Oregon. I do know what I'm talking about. This was appalling!

I believe that an inspector should go there ON A SUNDAY . My guess is during the week the 'regular' manager and staff might be more attentive to this. Had I been so inclined I would have asked for names and then demanded the staff eat that stuff but I might have been arrested for poisoning!

1  Thank Fugaboo
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed December 17, 2007

Who doesn't love Izzy's?

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Izzy's Pizza? Share your experiences!