“Prefer to go elsewhere”

Izzy's Pizza
Ranked #394 of 579 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I checked this place out to see how it was and found it to be in need of cleaning. There were flies on the food and I was not impressed at all. Sorry. I don't like giving bad reviews unless it is absolutely necessary.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I don't live in Salem and went there with a group. The Salem residents in the group wanted to go to Izzy's and had reserved a room to accommodate us all.

When we showed up, the advance reservations didn't take (like Seinfeld) and they had allowed others to occupy part of the room. This caused great distress to some of the Salem residents, and to the girl at the front who was trying to handle the situation by saying "Well, what do you want ME to do about it?" Eventually, all 30 of us were ushered into the room. The other people seemed pretty surprised. In a large group like that, including several children, there is bound to be a certain amount of noise. I felt sorry for the people already there.

The next distressing thing was the discovery that they don't offer pitchers of drinks, only individual ones. So, our large group all had to get up, bumping into one another, traversing the narrow aisle, and shuffling off to the drink dispenser.

The pizzas had been pre-ordered. When they arrived, they were put on a side table. Rather than having all of us all bump around again, I grabbed some pizza and went around to everyone, offering them a piece.

Looking around, I couldn't see any of the shakers of the dried red chili pepper flakes. I asked the guy who seemed like he might be the manager where I could get some. After several minutes, he brought back one shaker.

The pizza was okay, nothing terrible, nothing great. I'm sure that there must be better places in town.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

For $8.99 you can get a lovely lunch buffet at Izzy's, and I think their dinner one is just a bit more. Many selections to choose from, a marvelous salad bar, as well as several kinds of pizzas.

1  Thank jeannecass
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I don't usually go to buffets because I don't like to be tempted to eat so much at a time. However, I eat at Izzy's from time-to-time, because the food is tasty and there are some healthy alternatives to the standard deep-fried and caloric food offered at buffets.

1  Thank orygone
Reviewed October 23, 2012

They made veggie pizza when we arrived and only meat was on tap. They made vegetarian quesadilla for us as well, and others finished it off. Great service. Good food. Good price.

1  Thank KiowaVT

Been to Izzy's Pizza? Share your experiences!