“Poor Management”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Recently visited the new store in the Keizer Station and I was appalled of the manager's treatment to staff. Sure people are looking for work but to take the verbal abuse from a manager is un called for. I hope more staff decide to walk out. Other wise my food and the staff that waited on us was great. I will not return to a place that has no respect for his staff. You are to encourage not beat them with threats. Very disappointed.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our steaks and ribs were prepared as we asked. Good flavor and served nicely. The service was great - cheerful waitress who kept returning to see if we wanted anything. The price is fair but do not expect a cheap meal.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Normally I wouldn't have returned to this place. Two previous visits, over a span of time exceeding a decade, were mediocre at best. But our twin granddaughters had never had a "Bloomin' Onion". Evidently some friend of theirs described it as cool and they were anxious to try one. The tedious Aussie theme was in place, just as I'd remembered. We ordered a B.O. (Not to be confused with neglected hygiene, current occupants of the White House or any other noxious entities), the twins and I selected "Rib Eye" Steaks and my wife had a "Sir Loin with Shrimp on the Barbie".(Isn't that cute?) The B.O. was seemingly deep fried in old grease at too low a temperature resulting an off tasting oily mess. All three of our reputed Rib Eyes were salted to the point of inedebility and were so tough as to suggest a little cut misrepresentation may have been at play here. Two sides were "Seasoned Mashers" which were cold. I can't imagine that any amount of pleading from any of our darling grandchildren would ever prompt my return. Salem has some great places to eat. Outback is not one of them. By the way, our total bill was $107 and change!

1  Thank ChuckBradley
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We had to wait ages for a waitress to take our order. A large party of people came in after us and they got served a lot sooner. We were almost ready to walk out when the waitress finally came. On this occasion my husband's steak had so much pepper on it he couldn't eat it. He told the server and she said that some of the cooks use more spice than others. We haven't been back. On another occasion prior to this, we both ordered steaks and mine was supposed to be medium well. It was really small and practically dried up. I'm sure other locations are probably better, but the one on Lancaster Drive in Salem is not a place we will visit again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited the Outback at 9 on a Friday night. We sat in the bar area and asked if we could still order dinner. The answer was yes. So we sat at a booth in the bar. Our server, Jose, was with us quickly and took our drink and dinner order. That was about it for 15-20 minutes. There were about 5 tables occupied in the bar. After some time, we got water. I had ordered a cocktail (seems like) forever ago. When I asked, Jose said he had to make it. All of the time we sat there drinkless and breadless, there were at least 2 employees at the end of the bar texting on their phones. When Jose was making my drink, another employee busted into the bar area and poured a beer. Where had he been? My drink came out, quickly followed by our dinners. One of the little texters came to our table to ask if we needed anything else. When I replied, bread she sarcastically replied "SURE!". A moment later, Jose brought us bread. When she came back, little texter said "Oh, so glad you got your bread!"

Jose was the ONLY thing about this place that was any good! DO NOT GO HERE!