“Hoped for more”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Hoped for more”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When something is hyped and voted "Best of the Mid-Valley" every year you expect something special or at least above average. We have eaten there three or four times in the past 10 years always hoping that the next experience would be better. Tonight we tried again, but this will be our last. We were ignored when we first arrived and although the food was satisfactory, one of the wait staff stood behind us and talked with people at the next table OUR ENTIRE MEAL.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank secretstone

Ocean Shores, Washington
“A Most Unique Restaurant”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have rated this restaruant only 3 stars because I was diappointed in the Egg Fu Young which is a favorite of mine. My wife's order was good and so was the other parts of my order. the unique aspect of this restaurant was that you are visited by the owner...the elderlyMr Kwan. Our hotel clerk told us that he visits every patron. Our visit with him turned out to be quite lengthy as we toured the kitchen and his special water filtration system of which he is very proud. I was promised very special treatmment if we ever came back!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank nbsandman
Portland, Oregon
“Good Brown Rice”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Enjoy the fact that I can get brown rice, lean meat, and lots of veggies and the rest of the people in my party can get whatever fried food they want. I would like it to be more spicey, and not just HOT! It does worry me that it's health department rating is not higher. It is not in an area of town where bugs from other businesses would be invading them,

• Visited March 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at this restaurant 25 yrs ago and was my favorite place. Just returned to Salem and still excellent. Try strawberry chicken! Watch Kwan at window cooking and he will come out and say hi. Good family atmosphere.

3 Thank C00kiebreath10
Salem, Oregon
“Great Chinese”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Have eaten at this restuarant for better than 25 years. Would highly reccommend this Chinese restuarant. Many healthy options, as well as traditional fare. Seven styles of rice can make anyone happy!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank jameyabrusa

Been to Kwan's Original Cuisine? Share your experiences!