“Local food”

Applebee's
Ranked #375 of 546 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We eat there a lot. Convenient, good service, good food.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The wife and I had dinner at Applebee's jan 14' 2012. She had a steak and I had the tilapia from the 550 menu. Service was not up to par. The waitress forgot to bring steak sauce until too late, did not refill out water glasses soon enough and seemed in a hurry to get the table cleared. Wait staff in general was overly cheerful and generally not helpful. I could overlook the above, but was really unimpressed by the manager. When she asked how our meal was, I said it was good except for parts of my fish that were charcoal. Her attitude was that they cook it to the correct temperature and if I wanted it less cooked I should have said so when ordering. My bad, guess it was my fault it was burned because I didn't tell them not to burn it. I had the same meal from another Applebee's a week earlier and it was great, but no so at this location.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We are always happy with food and service at Applebee's. We know we can count on them for a good meeting place with friends or family.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Applebees is not usually my favorite restaurant to have dinner out. I find that all of their food has way too much salt for my liking. Although on this night we took advantage of a gift certificate I was given. The service was pretty good. Everyone was freindly. The margarita I had was very good. But the best part was that I was so pleasantly surprised with the quality of my food. I had the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp. I did request that the cook not put on as much salt as they usually use. (Apparently they have a seasoning that they use.)This steak was drizzled with just the right amount of a yummy cream sauce then topped with fresh bruschetta. Oh my! The steak was so tender and cooked just right. My compliments to the chef! I still have a hard time believing that I ate the best steak I have ever eaten and it was at Applebees. Really!

1  Thank Yaquinagirl
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 21, 2007

At least you can still get half priced apps

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!