“PERFECTION!”

Cuisines: Chinese
West Coast, USA
“PERFECTION!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Five stars is hard to get from me...but China Gourmet is deserving. This is THE BEST Chinese food I have ever had, and I'm not just being dramatic. I was caught a little off guard at how different the food is here from everywhere else I've ever eaten, because I guess I've never had truly good Chinese food, and therefore I didn't know what I was missing. Well now I know.

Fresh, fresh, fresh. And colorful. Perfectly done sauteed veggies (just the right crunch and tenderness), light and fluffy but very FLAVORFUL fried rice (I could see the egg, and lovely green peas), savory gravy. My cashew chicken had alot of whole cashews, and a generous amount of chicken which was moist and tasty. Add to all that a bright and friendly server and that makes for one very pleasant dining experience.

What struck me afterward is that, besides it being delicious, I left feeling like I'd just had a healthy and relatively nutritious meal. Don't think I've ever felt that way after going out for Chinese. China Gourmet is a winner, whoever is turning out such great food in that kitchen is a superstar, and I wish them much success...they deserve it!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank lulubell01

Salem, Oregon
“At Last!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Finally quality meets affordability in Chinese cuisine in Salem. Very fresh and delicious and no MSG! We will be back to try more menu offerings for sure.

Central Oregon, Oregon
“A Fresh New Taste Choice in town!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stopped by here for take out on 8/14/13. Ordered Sweet & Sour Chicken, Happy Family Combination, Twice Cooked Pork and Crispy BBQ Noodles with Pork. What a nice change of taste from the usual American-ized Chinese food options around town. Everything seemed very fresh. The food was light, not heavy like other restaurants. The service was very fast. The lady that helped me was very friendly. The food was great. Why doesn't everyone eat here? We'll be back!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Paul B
Vancouver, Washington
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for dinner and were quite pleased that the inside was much nicer than the outside and the food was excellent. Prices
We're extremely reasonable and the quality was outstanding

• Visited August 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Fresh amazing quality Chinese food!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I go here frequently! The food is so fresh it's still boiling or Sizzling when it gets to the table. The waitresses and owners who are all very nice make sure our tea and other beverages are filled and the right temperature. The restaurant is tastefully designed and comfortable, great for a date night!

• Visited May 2013

Been to China Gourmet? Share your experiences!