“Wichita, KS”

Andover, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wichita, KS”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Booked a private tour in Wichita, KS. Overall, a good experience, but there were some cons. The company accidentally booked me for 2 different weekends (which I realized after they sent me multiple email confirmations). They did rectify the situation once I called. The people on the phone were great. I was scared the tour guide would flake out after reading other reviews. I wish the company gave a better way of getting in touch with them personally, but they won't. Our tour guide was at the meeting spot before us. She had her daughter and daughter's boyfriend with her. I wasn't sure if it was them because she was in a baggy t-shirt, and her daughter had a baseball cap and none of them looked very professional. I was disappointed by this. Some of the people in our group thought they were actually homeless.
The tour, though, was okay. The woman was very knowledgeable, although she stumbled on her words a lot. She was also hard to hear with all of the traffic whizzing by. The tour was mostly historic facts about Wichita landmarks, with some of the legends of ghost stories mixed in. Not scary AT ALL (to the delight of my friend). I found in interesting, and I'm glad they are doing it, but I feel like it could have been better. The tour guides needed to be more dramatic, loud, and needed some personality. If they added some humor, or even found a way to scare the crowd at some point, it would bring a lot to the concept. I liked the guide - she was very nice and polite. I feel guilty for talking bad about her, but she needed to be more enthusiastic.

Other info: They brought some copper dowsing rods to play with and the boyfriend did a glow stick show for the birthday boy. We visited the Orpheum, Eaton Hotel, north Century II area. It took 1 hr 45 min.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Randeroonie

Dallas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't do Dallas”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Not a haunted or ghost tour at all. It is more of a walking history tour of Dallas. Our guide was very nice but did not seem
very knowledgeable of the history. There was no mention of ghosts or haunted events at all. Kind of a let down.

Visited March 2014
Moore, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or your money!!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Oklahoma City, OK BIG disappointment!!! Our tour guide Scott, started off by saying the corporate office told him there would only be 10 people on tour, and therefore he only brought enough "equipment" for 10. There was easily over 20 people waiting on the tour. He also said that the reviews online were not from him and his new co-worker. He then repeated throughout the tour that he could not find "facts" to back up any of the stories he was sharing. To top it off, if you were at the back of the group you could not hear anything he was saying... which was probably for the best anyways.

Our first stop on the tour that we were supposed to be able to "contact" spirits was at the OKC Myriad Gardens which has a large body of water, and several fountains of running water. I was very disappointed to see the "equipment" for the evening. Two pieces of copper wire and two pieces of PVC tubing... you know like you search for water with?!?! We were then told to use the "equipment' to search for spirit, that when the two wires cross over each other you have encountered a spirit. We were then instructed to ask the "spirits" questions. Needless to say, the "equipment" worked very well in the area. WHAT A JOKE!!!!

I feel mislead and deceived. Before the "tour" was over, several people from the tour left early... I think the tour would have been fine if it was labeled differently. Such as a walking tour with kind of historical facts regarding the Oklahoma City area, based on stories that can be confirmed or simply based on legend.

I am very glad I purchased this on a groupon or I would have wanted a refund. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T GO!!!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Brenda R
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour guide no showed, company blamed me”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My experience with Spirit Expeditions was terrible. I arrived with two other friends 15 minutes before the tour time and stayed 20 minutes after the tour time in the spot they told us to wait. There were around 12 other people also waiting. When the tour guide never showed, I heard other people say "I guess they're going to have to give a lot of refunds" and a number of us called and left messages. I left a message asking to reschedule the next night. I didn't hear back until a few weeks later after I had called a number of times and emailed through their website. They told me that the tour guide had been there and had led a tour. They told me the tour guide was in the exact spot I had waited with my two friends and the other 12 people. I find it insulting that they say the tour happened. They essentially are saying I and my friends are lying about the being there early, being in the same spot they said the tour guide was waiting, and being there with a group of other people who were also waiting. They insist the tour happened and I just missed it. They have offered to reschedule, but I am looking for a refund. The two friends who were in town that weekend were the ones interested in the tour. They were only vising and I have no interest in the tour for only myself. They refuse to give a refund. I certainly don't want to do anything with the company again, so I'm refusing to reschedule.. I guess they just got $50 free from me.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank abigailjan3
Bealeton, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No SHOW. RUDE COMPANY!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We traveled to Roanoke, vas. Confirmed everything then they called us 40 mins before the tour and told us it was cancelled and there was nothing they could do and was rude and told us it was our choice to go. Vicky was sooooooooooo rude!!!!!!!!! She said it would take about two weeks for a credit.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Debmyster

Been to Spirit Expeditions? Share your experiences!