“The Pizza in Oregon”

Cuisines: Pizza
Salem, Oregon
“The Pizza in Oregon”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We are long time fans of Padington's but I realized we have never written a review for their pizzas. This is the standard by which we meaasure all other pizzas we eat in the world. We recently ate dinner at the south salem store and again had an excellent pizza. Their pizzas are always freshly made out in the public so all can observe their operation. The ingredients are fresh and the menu includes a wide variety of pizzas along with calzones and salads. The bar serves a number of beers on tap as well as bottled products. The owner is a life time native of Salem and comes from a family of pizza makers. In fact back in the 1970's, I believe, the father, George Keneer, was initially the father of Pietro's Pizza Parlor before Campbell Soup bought the franchise and made it a nationwide business. After the five year waiting period following the sale George opened his first Padington's store in north Salem. It's been a success every since. Padington's pizzas are improvements on the Pietro's recipe. It is excellent food and service is always first rate. If you are lucky you can find a seat around the fire place. Give it a try and eat one of the best pizzas you will find.

• Visited January 2014

West Coast, USA
“It's the crust that makes it so good.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It's hard to find pizza like this these days. With thick, bready pizzas becoming the norm, Paddington's still does thin crispy crust like it should be done. It's not the perfect pizza, but it's my favorite so far...and the best I've been able to find in this town. Downside is the prices are quite high in comparison to most other places around, so I don't come here as often as I would like to.

• Visited September 2013
McMinnville, Oregon
“Don't call it pizza!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stopped here while killing time for a doctor's appointment. Even though it calls itself a pizza place do not believe them. Nothing I've ever seen and I've traveled around the world. Thin cracker-like crust with bland sauce and bizarre little round sausage balls. The pizza in the Tokyo airport is more authentic then this. Just awful!

• Visited October 2013
Junction City, Oregon, United States
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Padington's is a family favorite. Awesome menu with many options, and of course, you can always build your own toppings list. Their sauce, cheese and crust go together perfectly.
Yummy!

Visited August 2012
Niceville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love Padington's Pizza Parlor!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always want to go to Padington's when I go home for a visit! I love their crust almost as much as the toppings! The "Humdinger" is one of my favorites! Sometimes I ask for green olives instead of the black olives! The staff are always friendly & efficient!! Can't wait for my next treat of going to Padington's!

• Visited February 2013