“Drinks and Music?”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I showed up to Gilgamesh to meet up with a group of friends. This is not my typical spot. Simply because I am not one who fancies craft beer.
The wine list was unimpressive, but I found a decent Pinot. Others from my table had ordered the beer sampler, and seemed to be impressed. However, I was focused on the horrendous band playing.
As someone who has booked music for venue's in the past, and understand the importance of a good PA and band is for business. I was shocked. The PA was a joke and the sound was absolutely horrid. The band/ 3pc.. MIGHT have been ok.. if the sound was not so bad. But in general the bad was not great at all.
The music did not make me want to stay longer, nor drink more. Which really, is the whole point of a band. In fact it made me want to run. I do understand that there are plenty of self inflated ego's for bands in the area. Meaning to get music you are going to have to spend a pretty penny. Hence why I am guessing this little band was there. They were either free or insanely cheap. Anyway -
I was delighted to have an electronic receipt, but I would suggest that was the extent of it. The over all ambiance was nice, the seating was fine, and so was the lighting. But, there was not much else to be desired.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Came here for Happy Hour and scored one of the last outside tables. The service was great. So great that we actually had 2 servers checking on us. I had the HH Caesar salad and it was a good size. I also had a beer and that was only $7.00 total. I had just come from another Salem restaurant and paid $6.99 for 1 beer so this was much better.

My only complaint was all the dogs! Ugh, why?! Why when I sit outside at a restaurant do I either have to deal with dogs or smokers?

2  Thank plaidbagel
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am really surprised to read some of these negative reviews, because my experience was great! I ordered the tamales, the spinach dip, and for the first time ever I ordered fish tacos. I have NEVER EVER been inclined to even try fish tacos, but at the urging of my company, I did so anyway. What I received was a welcome surpirse, and I would definitely order them again. All of the flavors -- the lime, and was it the cilantro?? -- all melted together so wonderfully, Ileft with wanting more. The tamales were EXCELLENT. Again, it was the seasonings and flavorings I enjoyed. I ordered the beer flight, since I am not really a beer person and wanted to try a whole slew of tastes rather than being committed to just one without being familiar with it. Of the flight of 10, there were maybe 2 I did not love, but the others were great. If I do drink beer I generally like a Guiness type of beer and I believe one of them fit the bill. My husband really enjoyed the double IPA. At the end of the night my husband bought a liter of the double IPA in one of their Gilgmesh bottles (we were visiting from out of town). Service was just fine - not overly fast or slow. our server was relatively young and maybe he could use a little "prepping" but beyond that, no issues. This is a great little place and I am excited to see them grow.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Manager needs to be visiting with customers, asking them how their food and service is, so that they can make improvements. Never once did I see the manager do this and the place was packed. I ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp salad with goat cheese and a couple of pieces of sliced apple. Price was $13 I received only three shrimp and the bacon was all fatty and very porky tasting. Menu said goat cheese, however, this was replaced with less than a teaspoon of blue cheese. So not worth $13. Portion size was a rip off. Two others with me needed Gluten Free and the wait staff was unable to answer their questions regarding items on the menu. Another friend ordered the hanger steak with fries, fries were cold, steak not cooked to their requested doneness. Get it together!!! Hire a proper chef, train your wait staff, train your manager to communicate with the customers, put out comment cards. If you do not do this, your doors will be closed soon. So sad to see people waste their hard earned money to open a nice place like this and not be successful because they lack restaurant management experience.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Already said. Opps..review too short....
New place..new building..looks like great place for lunch..maybe dinner.w beer. Filnert Lager good..not tried the IPA..son says it's great.
Will have to try dinner sometime..breakfast was disaster ..lunch leaved much to be desired ..But..service was good ..friendly..concerns were addressed.
This place DOES have potential!

Been to Gilgamesh Brewing? Share your experiences!