“This WAS a great restaurant”
Review of Hawaiian Time

Hawaiian Time
Ranked #66 of 544 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least 15 times and have almost always had great service and food. One of the wait-staff even remembered my order over and over again. I love that macaroni salad and rice and vegetables. However, this last Saturday, November 2, I invited a friend from out of town to go there with me. "You'll love this restaurant!" I told her. The rice was undercooked and almost inedible. That is forgivable. I undercook rice sometimes. However, it was a breezy cold November day and they had a window in the back of the kitchen wide open and the breeze was really blowing on us. The papers were flapping off the bulletin board in the kitchen. We were literally shivering. I went up to the counter and asked the young woman if the window could be closed. She said it was impossible because it would blow the other doors open. How could a restaurant not solve this problem on a cold day in November? I was embarrassed that I had recommended this restaurant to a friend.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We came here with a large group, all orders were correct! Food was fresh, nice portions, & very tasty. Made us all want to go back to Hawaii! Would visit again!

1  Thank Scrappette
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had heard good things about their Hawaiian Plate Lunches so I stopped in to see what they offer. True to form, it is very like what you would expect, and get, in Hawaii. Six Plate Lunches to choose from, all which come in your choice of 3 sizes. Also 3 sandwiches (Chicken, Pork & Beef), a Chinese Chicken Salad (which is what I ordered, a perfect blend of flavors and very satisfying for $7.95), sides of Mac Salad and rice (which come with the plate lunches, mac salad with the sandwiches), and Grilled Veggies ($3.95). Dessert is a Liege Waffle for $2.75. All sauces and marinades are 100% Gluten Free and Vegan
Everything smelled good and looked good, so I will be back to try other menu options.
A Welcome addition to Salem.

1  Thank Debimlee
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was looking for a quick dinner one night on one of my trips to Salem and I have to say it was really great. The portion was perfect. The flavor was amazing. The price great and the staff were great! I'd come back here again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I discovered Hawaiian Time in Eugene several years ago, and we were thrilled when the West Salem store opened. We love the food and the service is great...laid back but not too much to be offensive or uncaring.