“A Cut Above the rest of the chain”

Elmer's Restaurant - Salem
Ranked #74 of 539 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: A Northwest favorite since 1960. Our 25 locally owned Elmer's Restaurants take pride in their communities and source local, farm-fresh ingredients.
Clackamas County, Oregon
“A Cut Above the rest of the chain”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

In the late 80's, I enjoyed Elmer's because they projected a "small town diner" atmosphere and attitude. For whatever reason, they gradually became just another large D-style restaurant serving "pigeon" eggs and low quality ham and my visits came to a stop. Passing through Salem, I exited I-5 to get a bite to eat. With little to choose from, I somewhat reluctantly settled on Elmer's. Boy, was I happily surprised. The Elmer's I loved and remembered was still alive in Salem. I enjoyed a hearty breakfast and the most pleasant server I experienced in quite awhile. I never once had to ask for a beverage refill and she must have checked back a half dozen times during our meal-even though the place was packed. As I looked around while I ate, I saw many customers responding to the good food and excellent customer service. Definitely worth a stop!

• Visited August 2012

Lehi, Utah
“Great Food, Great Service, Great Prices.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Friends told us about this restaurant and they were right on the money. During our stay in Salem, we ate here breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is so plentyful that if you don't have a huge appetite, I suggest you share a plate or order the half breakfast. Lunch was delish and plenty of items to choose from. Their roast beef dinner was moist and tender and flavorful. The service was friendly and fast and the prices were great. You can eat a fantastic breakfast for the same price you'd spend at some fast food restaurants.

• Visited October 2012