“Spirit Expeditikns Colorado Springs”

Spirit Expeditions Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Spirit Expeditions provides amazingly spooky walking tours of the Downtown Salem area that takes you by the most haunted locations in town. Use all the same ghost hunting equipment that you see on the tv shows! Our tours start at Twinsies Coffee at 150 High St. in downtown Salem where the basement used to be a one time tunnel access point! We give a free ghost hunting class before we embark on the creepiest adventure in Salem! Spirit Expeditions also offers walking tours of Silverton, Albany, Corvallis and Independence, does birthday parties, weddings, private events and spooky shuttle tours!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Spirit Expeditikns Colorado Springs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Having been on two ghost tours in Orlando and Anchorage, I was disappointed with the COS tour. The guide was absolutely dreadful. She was a teenager and didn't know facts very well. She walked so fast and was accompanied by a young man. It seemed they were dressed to go out after the tour and were trying to get done as quickly as possible. By the end of our trip, half the people on the tour had already left. I'm usually a good tipper, but I was pretty angry with this guide. If you want an interesting tour, the expedition needs to contact businesses and set some cool exploring up. But, most of all they need to fire this guide and hire someone who cares about their job. If you asked me about my tour in Orlando, I'd tell you it was one of the best and most interesting experiences in my life.

2 Thank Llemarra

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unprofessional and Irresponsible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

My expedition was apparently cancelled and I had not been notified until after I went to the meeting place, paid for parking, walked all around the area looking for the guide, and finally on my 3rd phone call to the emergency phone number a rep named Vicki answered, put me on hold cause she also didn't know what was going on, came back to tell me that the tour had actually been cancelled. She then just proceeded to say that she didn't know why I wasn't notified and simply said they could reschedule me or I could contact Groupon and they'd be happy to refund my money! And that is exactly what I am going to do. Everyone else should not even bother with this company because it truly can end up being a frightful experience!! I refuse to give business to such an irresponsible company. I'm sure this has happened on more than one occasion since the rep Vicki didn't even seem surprised that I wasn't notified about the cancellation of the tour. I rate it a waste of time and not worth the grief! :(

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jaiy77
Fountain, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“The Spooky History of Colorado Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a two hour walking tour in downtown Colorado Springs. The guides, Erin and Courtney, were great. We went to several locations where murder and mayhem had taken place. There has been reported paranormal activity in each of these locations. I was surprised to find out there actually is an App for that! We went on Friday the 13th, with a full moon rising. The weather was great and the architecture quite interesting. It is family friendly and a good way to get some fresh air and exercise while listening to spooky ghost stories. We actually got to go inside the Antler's Hotel! I don't want to say too much and spoil the fun! The tour is booked through Spirit Expeditions in Salem, OR. Go to www.spiritexpeditions.com.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank David T
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ybor City Ghost tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was a great ghost tour of Ybor City. Our tour guide was very informative about the history of the city. And all of Ybor City haunted locations. I took lots of pictures on this ghost tour. We also got a chance to go into a haunted hotel. Which in the hotel on the bottom floor was once a morgue. For any ghost hunter or curious you have to see.
Kelly Benton Paranormal investigator

1 Thank Kelly B
Moore, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“HUGE WASTE OF TIME”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I thought it would be an expedition hunting for spirits. NOT what we got in Oklahoma City, OK. Our tour guide named "Scott" started off the tour saying that the corporate office didn't tell him there would be so many of us, and they he only had equipment for 10 people. Then he stated throughout the tour that he could not find actual facts behind what he was sharing with us. At one of the location we were supposed to be able to be in contact with spirits, we were given our "equipment'. The "equipment" consisted of two pieces of copper wire and two pieces of PVC tubing for handles. You know similar to the kind of thing you search for water with? We were then told to search the area of the MYRIAD GARDENS (which is full of water fountains, a lake, etc.) for spirits with this equipment, that ironically works near water. Scott further said to ask the spirit questions once the "equipment" responded. TOTAL JOKE and WASTE OF TIME!!!! Several people left the tour early... If you are looking for interesting partial truths of the Oklahoma City Area this tour is perfect for you! If you are expecting any historical facts or an actual spirit expedition, don't waste your time!! Maybe my expectations were too high, but based on what was promised in the Groupon I was more than a bit disappointed. If I had paid full price for the tour I would have demanded my money back.

3 Thank Brenda R