“Spirit Expeditions ~ Haunted History Walking Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spirit Expeditions Tours

Spirit Expeditions Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: Spirit Expeditions provides amazingly spooky walking tours of the Downtown Salem area that takes you by the most haunted locations in town. Use all the same ghost hunting equipment that you see on the tv shows! Our tours start at Twinsies Coffee at 150 High St. in downtown Salem where the basement used to be a one time tunnel access point! We give a free ghost hunting class before we embark on the creepiest adventure in Salem! Spirit Expeditions also offers walking tours of Silverton, Albany, Corvallis and Independence, does birthday parties, weddings, private events and spooky shuttle tours!
Keizer, Oregon
“Spirit Expeditions ~ Haunted History Walking Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My daughter and I went on the Downtown Haunted History Walking Tour and it left us wanting to tag along on all their expeditions! I'm from Salem and learned so much about our local history and about some of the more gruesome aspects of our town that I hadn't known before. The Harris' were very knowledgeable of our town's darker and more interesting past and we got to use some of the same type of equipment you see on the "ghost hunting" shows on TV. I think the best part of the tour was watching my daughter get the scare of a lifetime (can't tell or it'll ruin it for some of you)!

Make sure to wear your walking shoes because it is a lot of sitting, standing, walking, etc. and I personally wouldn't recommend it for "little" kids but definitely early teens, teens, and adults with a natural curiosity and interest in the history you won't learn in school!

Visited June 2013

Keizer
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting history and ghost stories”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went on the walking tour - South Salem - and learned information about some of the local history, rumors of tragic events, actual gruesome events, and used some of the deices used on the ghost hunter TV shows. 2 hours and the time went quickly, so that is a good sign. Just a fun evening - even for a non believer. Not recommended for young children. Teenagers and above and ability to walk a distance.

Visited June 2013
Stayton, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spirit Expeditions - Trolley Tour and Salem Walking Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a great way to learn of Salem's history. I've lived near Salem all my life and learn so much more about its history. We took the Trolley Tour near Halloween last fall. The Harris' have excellent information on the history of Salem that may not always be discussed or read about unless you are an avid historian and researcher. We a;sp took the Salem Walking Tour last week and was amazed at the information about various buildings in Salem that we had never noticed and had no prior knowledge about. We are looking forward to the Silverton Walking Tour in the next few weeks. Great hosts; willing to answer questions and visit one-on-one with each guest to make sure all questions are answered and that everyone has a great time! Recommended for those looking for history outside of the book bindings or Internet. What fun!

Mill City, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Haunted Walking Tour in Salem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The first time we heard of Spirit Expeditions was last September while at the First Wednesday in Salem. We went on the Trolley Tour they offered around Halloween and had a great time seeing some of the haunted sites around town. We really liked the walking tour that we took last week, since it was a smaller group and you really got up close to some of the buildings that had historical significance. The history that Dawane shared was interesting as he pointed out details that I had never noticed before, even though they were right there in plain sight. I would definitely recommend that you put this on your list of things to do this summer. An extra bonus was the coupon provided by Twinsies...we came back downtown for First Wednesday this week and got our cupcake & coffee...yum!

1 Thank djkdrk
Salem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Silverton Ghost Hunt a Must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My son, grandson and myself did the Silverton Ghost tour last Friday. It was one of the most exciting events ever. Not only did we get a great history of Silverton and it's hidden secrets, but also got to experience some of it's ghost treasures. The visit to Mac's Place was one of the best hauntings ever. I can't wait to do the two Salem tours now. I can only imagine they will be just as great if thats possible as Silverton was. Great job Spirit Expeditions!!

1 Thank Robin W

Been to Spirit Expeditions Tours? Share your experiences!