“For seeing kinds of Iris's great place, for beautifully kept gardens, not so much.”

Schreiner's Iris Gardens
Ranked #4 of 81 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Early May through early June, we invite you to stroll through our 10-acre display gardens. Gift shop, plant sale, cut Iris by the stem or by the dozen. Gardens open daily dawn to dusk. FREE admission, FREE parking. Gardens closed in summer and winter months. Office remains open year-round, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My friend and I went to see the gardens because we were seeing such beautiful advertisements on TV. Well the plants were beautiful but the upkeep of the gardens and grounds themselves were very much lacking. I kept telling myself this is after-all a business to ship flowers and not made for people to tromp through! I would go there again to see the variety I might like to buy but I would not take a guest thinking to show them a beautiful garden.

2  Thank Grams54
There are newer reviews for Schreiner's Iris Gardens

Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you're in the area during May...this is a Must See! So beautiful!!! I've never seen so many amazing varieties of Iris in one place. The exhibit garden is impressive, and you can even buy bunches to take with you. Loved it!

3  Thank SanDiegoCatlady
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I have wanted to visit this place for the past several years. We finally decided to take a drive and check it out. Oh my, I was in awe marveling over the majestic beauty. The pictures don't do justice compaired to the live up close and personal views. I baught one for myself and one for my daughter. We visited over Memorisl weekend, everything was in full bloom! We will be back again soon!

3  Thank Jeannine F
Reviewed May 21, 2014

In looking for some sights to see while celebrating our anniversary in the Salem area, I came across this gem. It was a sunny morning in mid-May and apparently the perfect time to see all the Irises in full bloom. I had really never seen anything but purple and yellow Irises so the vast amount of variety at Schreiner's was a treat. We started in the back gardens and then ventured on the little path of Rhodies, Sweet William and Peonies to the big show gardens and gift shop. We enjoyed every minute and look forward to adding more color to our garden.

3  Thank BetsyJ0
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Lovely gardens to wander and look at the many different varieties in bloom. Lots of benches for sitting and enjoying quiet contemplation. A wonderful way to spend the morning.

2  Thank Ladyvonderlake