“Nice ride but bad communication with customers”

Willamette Queen Sternwheeler
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Salem
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice ride but bad communication with customers”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I bought a goupon and made reservations for about 10 people. We showed up but nobody showed up to take us out. When I called about the situation I was told they would honor the groupon all summer. I made reservations again for today and they actually showed up but they didn't honor the groupon like they said they would, so I ended up having to pay for the groupon and paying for another ride even though it should have been free. The crew was nice and it was a nice ride but I am disappointed about the groupon and the crew not showing up for the first ride with no notice.

Visited August 2014
8 Thank Katey Z

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Customer service is horrible!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I bought a groupon and hoping to use it during the holidays. I called once and was told to call back the next day. I called again and they said they were too busy around that time. Finnaly I reserved a date and when I get there they are closed, I call and they apologize but they tell me to call back because they dont have the schedule with them. My groupon has now expired and I waited money. Have never went on the boat and will never.

Visited January 2014
12 Thank ivenne g
salem, or
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“My kids loved it”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My hubby and younger daughter did this for a daddy daughter date and my daughter had a great time! So we took all the kids along with our neighbors kiddos on Friday. The captain is amazing with the kids and all the staff we met were kind and courteous. It could have been a bit cleaner and I think a bit more scenic in the spring, but my kids didn't notice and they will have a wonderful memory of Holiday Break! We will most definitely try it again, maybe a murder mystery cruise. If you live in Salem and have kids it is worth at least trying once.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank raylynn
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Willamette Queen Sternwheeler”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Myself and three others recently took a dinner cruise on the Willamette Queen Sternwheeler and had a ball. The food was excellent and the crew was cordial and attentive. The captain even let anyone who wanted to navigate the sternwheeler do so and were presented a certificate for safe navigation of the vessel. A fun time was had by all and I would recommend it.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Vernon G
Turner, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“FABULOUS WEDDING RECEPTION!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I can hardly believe how some have had such a bad experience and with bad food aboard the Willamette Queen. At 60 years old I've been to my share of events, and such. The wedding reception I attended October 12, 2013 was one of the best. The food was great, the staff was great, the facilities were great. It was an all-around fun, fabulous experience.
Barbara was at our beck and call as was any wait staff and Captain, We wanted for nothing. They were so accommodating to all our wants and needs and made this experience pleasurable and memorable. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
As a side note: this was my son's wedding reception so I did have an inside track, too, to all goings-on and not just a bystander enjoying the evening.

Visited October 2013