“Worth the extra miles”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Worth the extra miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The staff at this hotel are unbelievably nice. Super clean and great dinner and breakfast included in the price- who can beat that? Will stay here again. Even though it's farther for us to stay here it's worth it.

• Stayed November 2013
Lindsey S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, November 14, 2016
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us! It encourages us to continue amazing service and to see where we can improve to make your visits amazing! Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a terrific hotel. The facilities and rooms are always immaculate. Breakfast is delicious with a wide array of food. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I have stayed here many times and have the same great experience each visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terra N, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
First I would like to thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We always love getting feed back from our guests. Our breakfast and housekeeping staff try very hard at our property to make sure our guests stay is always the best it can be! Thank you for your positive comments and look forward to seeing you at our property again!!!

Terra Nilsen
Front Office Manager
Olympia, WA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Rooms very clean and spacious. Hotel staff very responsive and helpful. Ample parking and good location. Breakfast food was good quality. I travel to Salem for business and this Hotel is the best quality in the Salem area. Would definitely stay here again.

Portland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I came to town for the TedxSalem event. I'm not much of a morning person, so the best option for me from Portland was to spend the night in Salem. I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before for a conference. I really love Hampton Inns- they're clean, the rooms are great, and the free breakfast can't be beat. I don't know how, but I ended up in a King suite I think. It was the best room design I've ever seen in a hotel. The desk was a huge room divider. I'm not going to be able to describe it properly, so let me just say, it felt very palatial- defined living room, and a really nice bed and a huge bathroom. The bed was so comfortable. I had a great night sleep and felt completely refreshed for a day of Tedx.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Walla Walla, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the moment I checked in I was greated with a smile and it didn't stop there. Every member of the staff that I came across was cheerful and friendly. Even the breakfast attendant at 6am was cheerful. It's refreshing to see a property that really does have great service and a well-maintained property as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Terra N, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. All of our staff takes pride in their job here and it's great to see that it doesn't go unnoticed. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our staff.
Crooked River Ranch, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've traveled many times in my life, all over the world and my stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Salem, Oregon was by far the most enjoyable, relaxing and comfortable! The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful beyond what I needed. The room was so clean that it took me a while to adjust since I live on a small ranch with a horse, 120 lb German Shepherd and two messy cats. This was such a treat for me! AND, had it not been for hotel Asst Manager Chris, I would not have been able to make this trip to see my elderly mother and my brother whom I'd not seen for 8 years. I have a back injury too and the Salt Water pool was wonderful, therapeutic and so amazingly clean. A perfect three days...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lindsey S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salem, responded to this review, November 12, 2016
Frisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

From the moment I arrived, the hotel rep was very friendly and had my room keys ready for me (I was a little late in arriving). Gave me all necessary information I needed to have a good experience with my stay, including the free dinner, which worked out well, as I was exhausted by the time I got to the hotel and did not feel like going to a restaurant. Didn't want to drive around in an area I was unfamiliar with. Definitely would stay at this hotel again. Loved the free dinner!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business