“Tamales and chilies are the best!”
Review of La Perla Tapatia - CLOSED

La Perla Tapatia
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Welcome to La Perla Tapatia a.k.a "The Pearl of Salem" Mexican Restraunt. Located in the heart of Salem in the Historical Reeds Opera House. Come check out our changes and meet the new managment! Same Menu, Same Prices, Same GREAT FOOD!
Silverton, Oregon
“Tamales and chilies are the best!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Inexpensive and tasty food. The pork was a bit salty but I love the fish tacos. Where else can you get Supreme Nachos with chicken for $4.99? And they are really good!

• Visited July 2013

Woodland, California
“Good value for the buck.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Coming from central California, I'm not going to say that this was the best Mexican food that I've eaten but my daughter who goes to school in Salem says that it reminds her a little of home and it's a place that she and her friends can afford. Hey, a combo meal with 3 street tacos, rice, beans, and a salad for $5.99 fits most budgets. I expect to be back next time we're in Salem.

• Visited March 2013
“Comme ci, comme ça!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The dollar Tacos and the service have both been hit of miss since the ownership change. Lately I get the feeling that they don't quite have their act together. And recent reports from friends and acquaintances have been sporadic as to quality of experience.

Visited April 2012
Salem, Oregon
“Not my favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant 3 time over the past few years. The first visit the service was good, the tacos were yummy and low price at $.99 each. The second time after waiting 20 minutes for a server to acknowledge we were there, we left. The last time was this past week. We had a large group from work and tables were set up for us, but the service was still very slow. It wasn't like the restaurant was all that crowded. Almost everyone in our party had their food before I finally got my order of nachos. The meat on them was cold, and tasted like it had been sitting under a heating lamp for way too long. The pico the serve with the tiny basket of chips was turning brown and lacked any real flavor or spice.

It is unfortunate for a place that has a prime downtown location in the Reed Opera House. If service were to improve I could see giving them another chance... the food had potential to be pretty good had it been delivered more timely. But until then, not a place I would recommend.

“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The potential for the restaurant seems great due to its placement in the Reed Opera House; however, it turns out to be more like a diner than a restaurant. Prices are low.

Visited May 2012